Are you smarter than a 5th grader?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
I got 9/10 questions right. The one that messed me up was, "Is a turtle an amphibian?" I chose "yes." I still think turtles are amphibians. Tortoises are not, but turtles are. Hrmph...

Turtles and tortises are both examples of reptiles. Frogs and Salamanders are both examples of amphibians. :D

mike_s:
hmmm... I guess I would say both are true. maybe I need to go re-read the definition for amphibian.

Can't be both a reptile and an amphibian. That's like saying something is both a bird and a mammal. :wink:

I'm not a big fan of Jeff Foxworthy, or people who don't have a clue about important things, or even 5th graders (my 5th grade girlfriend flipped me over her back and broke my kneecap). So why would I even consider watching this show?

SteveFass:
Maybe somone with young kids can answer me - do they really teach those things at such a young age? I can't believe I was taught what a pronoun is at age 6 (first grade)! Come on - tell me the truth.

Our youngest is a 5th grader and YES!! these things are being taught at a much younger age than they used to be. As an educator (as is my wife) we have seen this trend increasing over the past 20 years--and are not necessarily happy with it ourselves.

It's not enough anymore to just have cookies, milk, nap-time, and say thank you in Kindergarten. We are FORCING kids to grow up much more quickly than they need to and then complaining about it, or blaming 'society'. :shakehead

drbill:
I'm not a big fan of Jeff Foxworthy, or people who don't have a clue about important things, or even 5th graders (my 5th grade girlfriend flipped me over her back and broke my kneecap). So why would I even consider watching this show?

:11: Holy Cow, Bill! Were you dating a hoss of a girl, or what?!?! Or maybe she was a 15 year old 5th grader picking on her "younger" boyfriend??? Or were you one of those cute little scrawny kids... and you girlfriend thought she'd toss ya around a little to show you who's boss? LOL

PS-- I'm not pickin' on you... I promise :) ... I'm just wondering what made this girl so strong to "throw you over her back and break your kneecap". Wow! That said.... I don't blame ya for how you feel! :D

Too keep on topic now... I watched the 1st 2 shows and I have to say I got roughly 3/4 of the answers correct. I'm not sure why so many people were having such a hard time!

Erparamedic... Girls were bigger than guys at that age and Janice was taller than I was. I came up behind her and she reached around, grabbed me by the head and flipped me over her shoulder with my knee landing on a rock. I was on crutches all summer. She found another BF. I think she ended up in prison about 10 years later.

Will have to check the show out once just to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom