Are you smarter than a 5th grader?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I caught it last night and I couldn't believe the trouble the contestants had. Though I had to think for a few seconds on a couple of questions, these people were clueless on most of the questions I saw. Glad I caught it though so I know not to watch again.

Maybe somone with young kids can answer me - do they really teach those things at such a young age? I can't believe I was taught what a pronoun is at age 6 (first grade)! Come on - tell me the truth.

hahahahaahhaha - wished we had this here!

last time i sat with almitychild to do some math homework it was beyond me - that tutor is well worth it!

I watched the other night. I knew most of the questions but did not believe a 4th grader knew how to find the area of a triangle. They should still be learning their multiplication tables.

so what are you saying CBlue?

kids these days cant give us correct change at maccas without a calculator/register but they can tell us the surface circumfrence of a burger pattie???? :D

All turtles are Reptiles. This is their taxonomic classification. The fact that some live partially amphibious lives, or even almost wholly aquatic lives, relates to their habits and ecological niche, not to their biological classification. Some Amphibia live in deserts and seldom get to go swimming, though all Amphibia must hatch in water, even if that water is seasonal rain, stored in the base of a plant, or even carried in depressions in the female's back.

On the other hand, Reptile eggs must never be submerged, which is why sea turtles have to come on land to lay eggs, a requirement that may ultimately doom them. A few Reptiles give birth to live young, from eggs carried in the female's body until they hatch.
Don't confuse amphibious the adjective with Amphibian the collective noun.

My children are in the 2nd and 4th grade. They are only 7 and 9 and have no problems with any of the questions that come up. I let them stay up to watch it because it has become a game with them. ( How many can we answer and mom can't). LOL Tyler learned his multiplication tables and what a noun and pronoun was in the 1st grade, he is now in the 2nd grade and learning math that I didn't have untill I was in the 5th or 6th grade. Last month they learned all the Presidents. For Denis good lord I have a hard time trying to keep up with him only because he is in a special class, even though he is in the 4th grade, he is learning 8th and 9th grade subjects.
Kids today are outstanding and are smarter than we give them credit for...
BY THE WAY I'M DOING OK SO FAR BUT I KNOW THEY ARE WAITING FOR THAT NIGHT TO COME AROUND. GOD I HOPE I DON'T EVER HAVE TO SAY THOSE DEGRADING WORDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom