Are you comfortable under water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or, you could spend more time in planning and preparing for your dive that this simply doesn't happen. :D :D :D
That's the thing in diving, things happen..when the roof comes down on you wish...or maybe you wished..there are plenty plenty of examples of well planned dives that turn into a disaster..nevertheless, I agree,...lots of accidents and incidents happen due to bad planning etc..

Nice parlor trick, but I've never felt the need to repeat the exercise or to require anyone else to do it.

Yeah, it is maybe not for everyone but it is a great filter.for Instructor candidates..I was surprised by the outcome that day....... the outcome is not C-card based...I would love to see these platinum CD's giving this ago..;-)

I agree,...lots of accidents and incidents happen due to bad planning etc..
I would say MOST accidents are caused by poor attention to detail, including the planning portion.

I use confidence builders in my OW classes. Buddy breathing for 50 meters is a great one. When I became an instructor, there were two of us when one set of gear (1 mask, 1 set of fins & 1 scuba unit). We changed gear at one end while buddy breathing, buddy breathed to the other end, changed gear again and then buddy breathed all the way back. During a DiveHeart training session, two of us buddy breathed on a full face mask. We did OK until we started laughing.

I would say MOST accidents are caused by poor attention to detail, including the planning portion.

The ISE philosophy is aimed at exploration diving (not only hardcore deep and cave but also for people that really want to do something independently, maybe only in 6 meters of water), in exploration things do happen, aside of what you already mentioned (detail, planning), we believe that kick ass skills and great in water comfort will make you a better, safer diver...and..it is also fun..the whole process of teaching and developing your skills and comfort level ;-) and in the end..fun is also important..thats why we dive..;-)

+1 looks like a good drill for stress inoculation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom