Are these tanks worth it? 1986 & 1988 vintage aluminum Luxfers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug, give Scuba Toys a call and see how much they will ship them to you for. Ask for your SB discount. Do you really need three? You can just buy two from them from ST. Why not give them a call and for fun post what they would charge you for three tanks shipped to your door?

Seeing as how I'm new here, I don't know anything about an SB discount for ST. I take it I have to call in to get it? Just looking at their website, it'll cost me 60 bucks shipping for two aluminum 80's plus about $310 for the tanks and boots.

My LDS quoted me $180 for an aluminum 80 although we didn't get specific on if that was just for the tank or the tank, valve, and boot.

Ok, I couldn't wait! I just called and talked with Joe at Scuba Toys. He said shipping on three tanks to your zip code 97331 which is in your neck of the woods would be $68.28 for 3 tanks and tanks are $149.95 minus 10% discount for being a member of SB which ends up being $134.96
134.96 x 3 = 404.88 + 68.28 for UPS =$473.16

And you an pick your color choice of yellow, black, blue, clear, shot blast, lime, or white.

The Craig's list guy wanted $350 for tanks almost 20 years old that he admits you will have a problem getting filled because of all the "lies" other shops tell. The difference between Craigs list guys price and new direct to your door tanks in your choice of color is $473.16 - $350.00= $123.16

:D Thanks UnderSeaBumbleBee. I think I'll give ST a call after work to ask a few questions (such as: do they ship the tanks with air in them, are there VIP stickers already on them, and other intelligent questions that I should know to ask them.).

Seeing as how I'm new here, I don't know anything about an SB discount for ST. I take it I have to call in to get it?
all you have to do is pick up the phone and give them call and say I would like the 10% Scuba Board discount on the following times.

And lets say you find something priced $100 on ST website and with the discount it would be $90, but over at Bubba's Bubble Blowing Bargan Bonanza or any other place they have the same item for $85, just give ST the web adress and boom you get the item for that price $85. And since you aren't ordering from several different places, you save on shipping.

A quick search of the internet (while I really should be working) shows that ST has the best price on aluminum 80's at the moment. Especially considering the 10% discount! I see on their website now that the tanks do come with a VIP sticker. I wonder what the LDS's will think when I show up with a Texas VIP!

:D Thanks UnderSeaBumbleBee. I think I'll give ST a call after work to ask a few questions (such as: do they ship the tanks with air in them, are there VIP stickers already on them, and other intelligent questions that I should know to ask them.).

Tanks are never shipped with a fill. Just too dangerous. They do have current VIP on them if memory serves me correctly.

They are in TX so check the time zone to make sure they are still going to be open when you get off west coast time. You can shoot them an email and they should get back with you pretty quickly or you can shoot them a PM from this board

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/scubatoys.html

It looks like their boots are $5.95 minus .59 sb discount

Is there other gear you are in the market for? If so and you don't see it on their web site, they might be able to get it for you. There have been nic-nacky things I have wanted, but weren't on their site and they were able to get those for me so I could order it all from the same place. They have done special orders for me, configured special stuff for me.

And I have heard through the grape vine if you want them to model stuff or hold stuff up to the web cam--that they have been known to do that. They are building a new store. I am not sure if it will have a runway or catwalk for future modeling shows, but one can always hope! LOL

Back
Top Bottom