Are These Moving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it has a lot more to do with eye movement and how your brain processes visual images than with your ability to handle stress. If I fix my eyes on a point on the image, they stop. If my eyes move around the images, the image appears to move.

As for the 3d images, they aren't a hoax... I made my own when studying perceptual psychology in grad school. It just plays on the way your brian interprets binocular images as 3 dimensional.

If you look at this image:
http://home.comcast.net/~msilvia7/3d.GIF
try to get the two rectangles to converge, so that the rightmost image your left eye sees overlays the leftmost image your right eye sees. It should appear as though you see three rectangles, with the one in the center in focus. I've offset a small section of one of the rectangles, and filled in the gap with more "noise". If you have the rectangles merged properly, your brain should process the offset as distance information, and you'll see a small square floating a few inches in front of the larger center rectangle. The 3d pictures use the same principal, but they overlap the two images, so getting the proper focal point can be tricky.

Disclaimer: If you get a headache, or your eyeballs fall out from trying to do this, I take no responsibility. View my image at your own risk.

well, I see em waving like a bunch of flags. But then again, I'm REALLY pissed right now after a very bad day at the poker table.

FD

the first two move pretty slow (even some of the flowers weren't moving), but the third one was moving faster (almost like the waves of the ocean). hhhhhmmmm what does it mean for the 3rd one to move faster???

MSilvia:
I think it has a lot more to do with eye movement and how your brain processes visual images than with your ability to handle stress. If I fix my eyes on a point on the image, they stop. If my eyes move around the images, the image appears to move.

As for the 3d images, they aren't a hoax... I made my own when studying perceptual psychology in grad school. It just plays on the way your brian interprets binocular images as 3 dimensional.

If you look at this image:
http://home.comcast.net/~msilvia7/3d.GIF
try to get the two rectangles to converge, so that the rightmost image your left eye sees overlays the leftmost image your right eye sees. It should appear as though you see three rectangles, with the one in the center in focus. I've offset a small section of one of the rectangles, and filled in the gap with more "noise". If you have the rectangles merged properly, your brain should process the offset as distance information, and you'll see a small square floating a few inches in front of the larger center rectangle. The 3d pictures use the same principal, but they overlap the two images, so getting the proper focal point can be tricky.

Disclaimer: If you get a headache, or your eyeballs fall out from trying to do this, I take no responsibility. View my image at your own risk.

if i stare long enough i see the 2 rectangles that are there and then I see both of them inside another rectangle. what does that mean?

Rick Inman:
They are moving...ever so slowly...rhythmically, 'round and 'round...'round and 'round...

...feeling sleepy...sleepy...

...getting message from pretty spinning pictures...send all my money to OE2X...sending now..............................:freak:
:lol:

hmm I am able to start and stop them pretty much at will.

ch0ppersrule:
if i stare long enough i see the 2 rectangles that are there and then I see both of them inside another rectangle. what does that mean?

You're in deep :lol: :joke:

Back
Top Bottom