Are there any dive operators on Oahu near Ko Olina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillM777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be visiting for a few days next week and I will be staying at the Marriott @ Ko Olina. I want to get a few dives in, and I'm hoping to save the expense of a rental car. I see that there is a harbor and a marina right there.

Does anyone know of an operator that is either nearby, or is there another transportation option to get to one of the operators near Honolulu?

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Bill,

I stayed at the JW @ Ko Olina in January. I have one word for you - "Captain Bruce". I went out with them two days. I had a great time and they were very nice. It was a big boat and NOT crowded. They took good care of my wife (who doesn't dive). We even detoured to watch some whales.

They pick up and drop off at the Marriott. It is a short drive to the dock and we dove on the west side both days. From what I recall, their dock is actually a little north of the hotel. I would go back and dive with them again.

Two last things. 1) the 'hot' shower is a hot, freshwater hose at the back of the boat. 2) Dive with Christine if she is still there and available.

Have fun and let us know who you dive with.

Steve.

Steve,

Thanks, I called today and booked a dive with Captain Bruce for this Sunday. Suzette, who said she is the owner was very nice and helpful.

Bill

You will enjoy the area very much.
I stayed at the Marriott Ko Olina in July for a week, and fell in love with the area and the resort. We had a 2bdr mountian view unit, but spent most of the time out side.
I dove with Ocean Concepts, they will come and get you to go diving.

Boat Charters / Diving / Scuba Diving Oahu with Ocean Concepts Hawaii - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

Enjoy your trip, and don't waste your time going to the Paradise Cove Luau.
The one at the resort has much better food, and is smaller.

Jim B

go with Ocean Concepts, short ride to harbor into a air conditioned store. They set up your gear for you, break it down at end of day.small groups let you enjoy yourself during dive.crew is professional,knowledgeable and fun.

Thanks for the help. My 14 year old son and I did 3 days with Captain Bruce. We had a great time and they were very nice and helpful. Sunday my son and I were the only divers on the boat. We dove the "LCU" and "Turtles" with Alan.

Monday it was just us and a guy doing a "Discover Scuba", but that guy wouldn't go under the water. We dove "Black Rock" and "Makaha" with Alan. Vis was kinda sucky - about 12-15 feet on the second dive.

On Tuesday it was just us and two brothers who were doing there open water cert dives. We dove "Mahi" shipwreck and "29 down" airplane with Chris.

On Tuesday as we were leaving "29 down" another boat was arriving. While that captain was looking for the mooring ball he saw a 15 foot tiger shark.

It was a fun 3 days. Steve, thanks for the suggestion!

-Bill

I'll be at the Marroitt Ko'Olina for pro-bowl week in February.
Any links for Capt. Bruce ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom