Are there any Big Island Dive Charters That Cater To Advanced Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys. Shore dives sound like a good idea to me since I have a tendency to get seasick on boats. Since I will be going solo what should I be aware of at the sites? How are the currents and what are the entries and exits like? Do they require dive flags if you aren't in a boating area? I'm sure whatever dive shop I rent my tanks from can give me some pointers as well. Thanks for the info.

I almost forgot to ask, are there any good lava tubes or sea caves to dive?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Shore dives sound like a good idea to me since I have a tendency to get seasick on boats. Since I will be going solo what should I be aware of at the sites? How are the currents and what are the entries and exits like? Do they require dive flags if you aren't in a boating area? I'm sure whatever dive shop I rent my tanks from can give me some pointers as well. Thanks for the info.

I almost forgot to ask, are there any good lava tubes or sea caves to dive?

Is going solo a requirement, or do you just mean you are not traveling with another diver?

When I did my shore dives, it was with a local person I was able to contact by posting in the Hawai'i section of ScubaBoard.

Solo because I"m going to be a lone traveler. If I do buddy up with anyone I want them to know what they are doing so we don't end up drifting off into the middle of the ocean somewhere. I would really like to explore the lava tubes and sea caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom