Are there any Andrea Doria dreamers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you never do a deep air dive in your entire life, you'd be doing yourself a favor. Deep air as a prerequisite to trimix is mind-boggling foolish. If your goal is to go deep, get trimix. Learning the theory behind trimix, nitrox, deco, mixing, etc is all relatively easy. The trick is learning from the right person and, of course, having the skills required for deep diving. GUE takes care of all it in two courses rather than 6+ (or whatever) like other agencies. You're already on the right track, whether you know it or not -- good job.

Good luck,

Mike

One of the reasons I love diving is the freedom I find in a 3D environment. As you gain experience, the only restrictions should be self-imposed, as I've said, the more you learn the more you realize, hopefully, the dangers inherent in scuba diving. I strongly support solo diving, you would be surprised at the feeling, deep and dark, alone with the wonder of exploration. Just don't be stupid.

I agree with you hawgfish. The Last Dive does put deep diving into perspective. But I have to honestly say it made me want to do it more, not stay clear of it!! :)

Kayla:)

Just make sure you have recieved proper instruction, have the right equipment, and are in a clear and positive mindset. To end you're dive dead would be bad. To me the "Last dive" only reinforced what I already know, look what happened to Capt. Ahab. He chased the elusive " white whale " until his obsession deluded his judgement, and he became the hunted, and paid the ultimate price. Be safe, have fun, ask questions, and dive you're own profile.

yes. before i do anything, you can rest assured that i will have the proper instruction, the right equiptment and be physically and mentally ready for the dive. The book made me want to do it more, but i'm in no hurry to get there. :)

Kayla:)

I'm no preacher, there are just things I did that, in retrospect, would not do now. There are also things I do solo, that I would not involve others in. A delicate balance for sure, it's the little things we sometimes overlook, or do not think matter, that add up and make myself for sure and others better divers. Have fun.

The doria is the reason I started getting into tech diving. I still have a long way to go before I can dive her but I will dive her some day. I to have read the Last dive and Deep descent and it only makes me wont to do it more. One of you said that you have a photo of the Doria on your wall cand you tell me where I can get you also that would be great. Thank you in advanced.

:sharky:

The doria is the reason I started getting into tech diving. I still have a long way to go before I can dive her but I will dive her some day. I to have read the Last dive and Deep descent and it only makes me wont to do it more. One of you said that you have a photo of the Doria on your wall can you tell me where I can get you also that would be great. Thank you in advanced.

Originally posted by roguediver
One of you said that you have a photo of the Doria on your wall can you tell me where I can get you also that would be great. Thank you in advanced.

I have a painting of the Stockholm just about to hit the Doria http://www.jclary.com/gallery/Classics_of_The_Sea/stockholmandreadoria.html
which serves as a good inspiration. Would love to get a print of the cover art from Deep Descent.

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter

Would love to get a print of the cover art from Deep Descent.

Tom

When I first got the book I was really inspired by the cover.
I wanted to go see it!
After reading about the Doria I realized no-one ever sees it this way, never will, unless some miracle takes place to allow visibility for the length of the ship! (it's still a great drawing though)

I'd still like to go see her! even if it's only 20 ft at a time.

I need a lot of training and experience before I'll be ready for a dive like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom