Are the scallops still around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I haven't been out for a while and was wondering if anyone has found scallops around in the last week or so. I'm thinking of doing a scallop dive the day after Thanksgiving if the conditions are good. Thanks!

Scott

P.S. I'm not looking for info on spots (fear not:D), just if anyone has seen them.

decapoddiver once bubbled...
I haven't been out for a while and was wondering if anyone has found scallops around in the last week or so. I'm thinking of doing a scallop dive the day after Thanksgiving if the conditions are good. Thanks!

I didn't realize scallops went anywhere....

I was talking to a guy last weekend that seemed to imply that winter is prime scalloping season...

They move around a little. I've done really well (ran out of room in my bags) and gone to the same spot a week later and it's barren. Maybe I'm just unlucky but the captains of the boats I've been on seemed to agree that they move a bit. I wish they stayed put:D but I guess that's the challenge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom