Are the rumors true? Atomic BCD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic has the BMV, Porsche, Mercedes approach to marketing.

They manufacture product at the same price others do.

They have good advertising and play into the "upper echelon".

I don't think you can compare those two. Porsche, BMW and Merc really are 'upper echelon' in terms of performance and quality of manufactoring etc. it's not a marketing play, IMHO. They also have very high cost of labour as they still make most of the cars in Germany.

This BC on the other hand seems to just be a normal BCD. How is this gonna be any better than some sea quest or SPro BC? Having it made in the US surely makes it more pricey than the stuff from Asia... so, 600 or 700 would be justified I guess, but 1400 is nuts.

Sea Quest/Aqualung used to sell a 'Special Edition' of the Pro QD (which is a fine BC) for 1200 or 1400 bucks. It came with a knife, different padding and a few very minor 'extras'... that clearly was a marketing play... I don't think people bought into it though... basically, it was the same BC as the normal one just at 3 times the price.

I do think Atomic has very high quality well thought out products.

They constantly improve their products.

They are a good company with superb marketing.

They price their products accordingly.

I used an Auto analogy to refer to that.

I drive a Honda Civic SI, great reliable car and lots of fun to drive.
Retail price under 23K.

My brother has a nice Mercedes, his son a BMV, both paid twice or
much, or more, for their cars.

It is all relative.

Agreed, the atomic regs are really nice. I just thing the 1400 bucks for The bcd seem excessive.

Back
Top Bottom