Are the rumors true? Atomic BCD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw these at DEMA. Really well constructed with lots of attention to detail, and especially materials, as you would expect from Atomic. The tank band cam mechanism looks interesting, but didn't get a chance to try it with a tank. Not sure about sizing and how much adjustability there is, which is why my wife switched to a backplate/harness. A friend said it also comes with the new Nautilus Lifeline GPS radio, but he said that after DEMA so can't confirm. My initial take when I saw it was that it reminded me of a ScubaPro Classic jacket BC that they beat with an Atomic Aquatics design stick

$1400 for a jacket BC, I got a good chuckle out of that!

Let's see, you could pair that with a $1700 titanium regulator, a $1300 recreational computer, and $500 for mask/fins. That's a nice $5000 atomic package perfect for the new OW class graduate!

Some of the LDS's will sell that package to the people starting the class telling them that it will make them great divers and that it will make them love the sport and it is Life Support, etcetera, etcetera.

this thread is over 10 years old! ...and still no BCD actually on the market ?

Maybe someone with a bit of sense at Atomic convinced the product developers that a $1400 jacket BC might not be a good move.

It really is getting ridiculous, some of the stuff that gets sold to new divers.

I have to chuckle at this post. What could Atomic do to a bc that would make it better than anything else on the market? Add more D rings, more pockets? There parent company already owns Zeagle, so if they did come out with a BC It would probably just be a rebranded Zeagle product.

$1399 for a BC! Think I'll keep what I have! Love Atomic products but that's ridiculous!
2016-11-25-1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom