Are the Lemons Still Around in Jupiter/Palm Beach (no feeding dives, please)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I understand, they dispersed to ... well, wherever it is they go last month. The aggregation seems to run from December to about mid-March. Even the Emerald ​isn't seeing many. Hammerheads are starting to turn up, though.

Thanks Halcyon, I thought I had missed it for this year, drat, first year to miss it.

But Hammers? Really! Any particular sites? I might get out tomorrow . . .

I'm still trying to find out myself - I got one fleeting glimpse of a scalloped hammerhead last summer and a great hammerhead is still on my to-see list. The Emerald seems to offer the best odds, but that's because if they're not feeding they're spearing. If I had to name the two non-feed charters in the North Palm Beach County area that I've had the best shark luck with, they'd be Narcosis and Sandy's Sunday. Granted those two, the Emerald, and Kyalami have been the only boats in the area I've been out on so the sample size is a bit small. I like to keep track of Narcosis because they're pretty good at keeping their dive reports up to date and in an archive you can easily browse - West Palm Beach Dive Reports from Narcosis Dive Charters

Looking through, it seems like a few sightings of lemons in ones and twos and threes have come up in the past week or two, and a number of hammerhead sightings.

The Lemon sharks are still hanging around Area 51 dive site (Lemon Drop) as of this past weekend. At least on e person in our group saw a tiger shark there too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom