are not remembering me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redrover

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have to login a lot now, pretty much every time I come in. Used to be I went for years w/remember me. Is this something you did or something my computer security did? (I can't find any reason from my computer, so far at least.)
Mahalo
Lisa

Log out from Scubaboard completely. Delete the Scubatoard cookies from your browser's cache and try logging in again. Make sure you have the remember me box checked when you do. If you need help with finding/deleting the cookies, lmk what browser/version you're using

Log out from Scubaboard completely. Delete the Scubatoard cookies from your browser's cache and try logging in again. Make sure you have the remember me box checked when you do. If you need help with finding/deleting the cookies, lmk what browser/version you're using
Ok, I'll see if I can figure that out. The board is specific listed as a trusted site thingy. Only have a couple of those. This did just start up wham all of a sudden. My bank at the same time got real pesky too. Like it is so complicated now, I can barely get in.
Mahalo.

Ok, think I did that. Didn't seem to have a selection of cookies, just clear them all in Explorer 7. My Firewall and security stuff is Trend Micro.
Nothing new from my side with changes or modifications. It routinely clears out spyware and raises a pretty big ruckus even when I do try to change something (w/o going thru the proper channels I presume.) I put my foot down at Parental Controls, but other than that I'm not smart enough, kinda have to let it have control.

Would this be some sort of Spring clean out the cookies thing and need to do every so often? I just don't recall having to before©Îaybe I just got a new computer before needing to. J

So is it working correctly now? Instead of deleting all cookies next time as this will now likely cause you to have to re-login on any other site where you've previously told it to remember something about your browsing patterns etc. - to delete just the SB cookies do this instead:

Click Tools on the top menu bar
Click Internet Options
Click Settings under Browsing History
Click View Files
Locate and delete the Scubaboard cookies. There's usually two of them.

Although deleting all Cookies works also. You shouldn't have to do it unless this happens again.

Ok, I'll see if I can figure that out. The board is specific listed as a trusted site thingy. Only have a couple of those. This did just start up wham all of a sudden. My bank at the same time got real pesky too. Like it is so complicated now, I can barely get in.
Mahalo.
That must be something to do with your firewall. A couple of my banks have gotten real fussy since New Years also. My guess is there was some security breach that we'll probably read about in the news long after it's too late to complain about it.

Back
Top Bottom