Are integrated dry gloves DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mass- Diver.

I have the DUI gloves on my suit and in February I tore one trying to free a prop that wrapped its self in steel cable. ( don't ask!)
I spent 41 minutes in 45 degree water with the leak. I did have to add a lot more air than normal but did not have a major flooding problem. Just a side note it took a hack saw to cut the glove open and I changed it in three minutes.
I love the gloves and the fact that I can change from glove to wrist seal at my desire. I also found that I don't need the liners down to 55 degrees because of the air that surrounds my hands slows the heat transfer.
I have used both styles and prefer the rings over the double seals with a straw route.
Just be aware the rings do tend to get in the way of wrist mounted equipment and like to grab the shoulder straps on the BC on their way out.
Good luck!
Hallmac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom