Are integrated dry gloves DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP,

I have a CF 200 and the DCI site says it can be done, But neoprene is not easy to work with. I think I may wait.

Eric

Check out:

http://www.dir-diver.com/drygloves

For a way of doing drygloves. I don't know
anything about them, but I do know Peter
Steinhoff the author of the site. Peter is a
great diver and is very accomplished.

Plus living and diving in Sweden, he is pretty
on top of the cold water diving thing....

He's got some other great tips as well.

Kell

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't aware that there were different ways to rig the rings for intergrated gloves, I've only seen the Diving Concepts type where the latex suit seal is stretched around the the ring leaving a huge hole for water to flood in if the glove where ripped.

Right now I have neoprene seals on my Whites suit (although they are just about done for) so in the winter I leave the suit seals unfolded and insert a hard straw under the seal. I then spray the seal with silicone and pull my diving concept glove on over it, which can be a pain in cold weather (espically for the second glove) and espcially when you look over and your buddy is just screwing on his intergrated pair in a second.

That DIR article seems to steer away from intergrated gloves.

Intersting though. Bottom line: once the water gets in low 40s it's nice to have dry hands espically when you get out of the water and start to get ready for another dive.

BTW, I swear the straw technique works so well you really could blow your glove off if you came up fast holding your hand abover your head.

O-ring once bubbled...
...not sure what I am going to do yet. However, with most of the systems I have looked at so far, as Spectre mentioned, you have the option of mounting them with the wrist seals intact or removed. The wrist seals intact seems like the no-brainer, but you have to run straws/tubing. I, like Spectre, am interested to hear what the issues with those are since I do not know anybody around me diving with that setup.

I do not use tubes or straws and, unlike Pug's experience, have had not problem with my gloves blowing off on ascent. The rings in my suit are just snapped together and not glued in, so they can be removed at will.

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...

I do not use tubes or straws and, unlike Pug's experience, have had not problem with my gloves blowing off on ascent. The rings in my suit are just snapped together and not glued in, so they can be removed at will.

Phil
Si-tech?

I use the OS Systems drygloves, and just put the fleece liners on befor I get into the suit, leaving them under the wrist seals is more than enough to let the air flow.

It can be a bit of a pain if in the surface interval if you leave your suit on and take the gloves+liners off since you have to either tuck the liners back under the seals or remove your arms from the sleeves and reinsert them with the liners on.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

I added the :D but forgot to include *just kidding*

Actually, I took it as a valid concern. I did have a couple times where my left glove would balloon when I first starting wearing the gloves. Realized I was lifting my hand a little too high when venting my suit and the wrist seal was burping into the glove. I have some tubing I'm going to try this weekend though. The last mix dive squeezed my hands a might bit too much :(

Phil

O-ring once bubbled...

Si-tech?

No. I think the rings are OS, but I have seen a couple systems that appear identical. My suit (Bare) has long wrist seals so I just put the grooved ring inside, just part the trilam material, and snapped the heavy rubber outer ring over the captured wrist seal. Works great as I still have the seal, and pay all of $2 for gloves. I use polartech or wool liners for warmth and have not have a problem with squeeze until the last mix dive. That got a mite bit tight.

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...
Actually, I took it as a valid concern. I did have a couple times where my left glove would balloon when I first starting wearing the gloves.
As long as you are using tubes you can just lower your hand to get the gas out. The problem is when you don't use tubes and gas burps past the wrist seal on the way down but can't find its way back into the suit on ascent... I call them Mickey Mouse hands... and I suppose that in an exteme case with a well lubed o-ring you could pop a glove off... but I was just kidding Jeff... he wouldn't let it get that far. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom