Are DUI dry suits overrated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one of my favorite underwater pics of the CLX 450 in action... The rugged California Kelp forest of Carmel...

dyvuoi.jpg

Try a Santi Enduro. This suit is carried by santiusa.com. The Enduro is a heavy duty cordura tri-lam cave diving suit. Semi-custom made, they are assembled in Poland. The suit should run you about $2300 including suspenders, boots, two hip pockets and a fabulous Thinsulate undergarment.
This is my first drysuit and I have about 15 Great lakes and Quarry dives on it and I can't see myself going back to the Pinnacle Kodiak for Great Lakes Wreck diving.
I got mine from Matt at scubageek.ca but you can also contact Santiusa direct.
good luck

Chris L.
Ottawa, Ont.

You can get a Viking X-treme for around $1500, and they are great suits. Definitely check around. $3500 :shocked2:

I got my custom CLX450 for $2000 18 months ago? $3500 seems a bit rich to me. I got my DUI because it was around the same price as most of the others around here, but a much better warranty, I have had no issues with mine.

The real issue with drysuits is not the brand or price but proper fit and function in all areas of the suit.

Also, like someone said in a related post, please compare apples to apples. A signature series TLS350 suit should not be compared to a stock “X” brand suit regarding price.

I recently got a DUI Signature Series TLS350 drysuit and XM450 undergarment. I went with a custom made DUI TLS350 due to the fact that I have short legs, a long torso and I am too round in the middle. The stock suits would not have fit me correctly

The DUI TLS350 suit included the following items:
TLS350 Signature Series Drysuit-custom cut
Halcyon balanced discharge valve
Two bellows pockets
Warm neck collar hood
Tough duck overlay
Turbo soles boots
Zip seal neck
Zip seal wrists
Zip seal gloves – blue/heavy duty
Polartech socks

I absolutely love the DUI Signature Series TLS350 that I have now. As far as price, I think that your dive shop maybe overpricing itself a little bit if they are in an area that has a few other DUI dealers (supply/demand) Yes, DUI suits are a bit pricier than the rest, BUT, they are the Cadillac/BMWs of drysuits.

I have had nothing but good results with my TLS350.

Is DUI overrated? My shop is asking $3.5k for a custom cut TLS350.
I have reservation because I've witnessed several instance of new TLS350 leakage.
This is not hearsay but from people I dive with.

Shop around. I like DUI suits quite well. That's too much money to pay, so shop around.

There is a reason why DUI is always compared to others....
Actually there are several reasons, I'd say the primary one was Dick Long's brilliant marketing, he sewed up both the military and scientific markets (except for polluted water work) and then built out from there, second was DUI's willingness to innovate, they'd try damn near anything to see if it worked better, such innovation is rater rarer today, and is spread out over more companies, but it established DUI as the "cutting edge" for quite some time.

Actually there are several reasons, I'd say the primary one was Dick Long's brilliant marketing, he sewed up both the military and scientific markets (except for polluted water work) and then built out from there, second was DUI's willingness to innovate, they'd try damn near anything to see if it worked better, such innovation is rater rarer today, and is spread out over more companies, but it established DUI as the "cutting edge" for quite some time.

These are all GOOD things!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom