Are bigger Jets (XL) better for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With my wetsuit (size 9) boots, I've noticed I can't scull as well with the XL's. They aren't snug enough to give me the performance I need. They are fine (no difference from the L) with other kicks.

I also had trouble finding good boots for XL Jetfins. Finally I found that the Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch boots fit very well. I wear size 11. They are snug but not tight, plus they have good arch support. They have a pretty thick and sturdy sole but not as thick as some other boots I tried. The only problem with those boots is that they dry slowly.

I haven't compared the fins to smaller Jetfins but I have found that they work great when I used the reverse frog while swimming back to shore. They are quite efficient for that stroke. Overall I have found that this combination (with spring straps) has provided good maneuverability and power for swimming. At first I got a little fatigue (foot cramps) using these fins but after just a couple of dives I was adjusted to the force required and they have worked out well.

Raposa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom