Are bigger Jets (XL) better for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2scuba

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I just lost one of my favorite SeaDog SlingShot fins and I need some need some help with the Jets.

My sneakers are sized 9.5. I wear wetsuit booties. Should I buy Jets size Large or X-Large? According to one of the threads, he/she recommended X-Large because of bigger blades. Will the Jets fins be too loose for me?

Is there anyone with sneakers size 9.5 and wearing X-Large Jets and how does it feel?

Thanks for all your opinions and advice.

With standard booties the XL jetfins will be too big . There is an option that may work for you if you absolutely need to have XLs
that is to use a boot that takes up more space in the foot pocket
for example a scubapro molded sole boot that fits you would most likely be a perfect fit in a XL jetfin .
Joens

Hi joens:

Thanks for you speedy post.

Is the XL blade really bigger than Large and is it worth it?

LP doesn't sell scubapro molded sole boot. Have to shop online for that boot.

Thanks

joens once bubbled...
With standard booties the XL jetfins will be too big . There is an option that may work for you if you absolutely need to have XLs
that is to use a boot that takes up more space in the foot pocket
for example a scubapro molded sole boot that fits you would most likely be a perfect fit in a XL jetfin .
Joens

I disagree. I wear typical size 9 wetsuit booties and my XL jets fit well.

I wear a size 12 in a regular shoe and a size 10 in ScubaPro booties; my XL JetFins fit great.

I wear a size 9 and have used Large Jet Fins since 1983. Last month, I dived a dry suit in Lake Michigan. The large fins would not fit the dry suit boots, so I bought a pair of XL Jet Fins. Since I've returned, I've been experimenting with the XL's with my wet suit boots. I've noticed a few things. The L's do fit better, although the XL's are not really wobbly, they do well. The blade on the XL's are considerably larger. I've noticed absolutely no difference in performance between the L and the XL.

jonnythan once bubbled...

I disagree. I wear typical size 9 wetsuit booties and my XL jets fit well.
I just know I wear size 10 and mine seems slightly on the loose side so I figured a 9 would be even looser maybe I have thinner feet or booties.
Joens

XL jets fit me fine and I wear size 8 shoes. You could buy thicker wetsuit booties if you find yours to be loose.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will just order the L and XL and try them. I can always return them.

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom