Archon D11V video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also find locline through aquarium equipment distributors like BulkReefSupply. You can get 6 segments, about 6 inches worth, for $4. They also have a variety of elbows, etc. They also like to fill your mailbox with offers until you tell them to stop, but they do respond to "Stop" so it's OK.

---------- Post added December 17th, 2013 at 01:19 PM ----------

Note that you may have to add something to help strengthen the locline, if the light head is too heavy for it to support. They typically fill the interior of the locline with a flexible but solid material to give it more rigidity. I have not done this so not sure what to use, or where to get it, for that. The Solas I was using weren't heavy enough to need it with the 1/2 locline I was using.

Man, after those videos I think the D11V might be enough... don't need to shell out money for the D32....

Hi,

Anybody knows where to buy this product ? The initial entry had a link to a website called lightmalls but I am not sure if that is a safe place to buy. Can those who already have it help ? I prefer suppliers/dealers in EU if there is any.

Thanks

I really doubt you will find it in EU.

All those asian stores are quite safe. Even more safe than some US stores TBH. I know Alibaba even holds the money until you say you are satisfied with the product.

I bought mine from light malls using the initial link. It took 2 or 3 weeks to arrive, but everything came fine. It came out of Singapore.

I bought 2 DV11s directly from Aliexpress.com. They showed up on schedule, I inserted the batteries, turn them on, seemed to work fine, though I did not let them run but a minute or so while I checked them out (my bad). After jumping in the water in the Philippines using my new GoPro rig with close up lenses, lights and all, turns out the DV11s won't stay at full power for more than ~2 minutes.

The symptom: Turn on full power, 1:50 flashes on/off, resumes full power, 2:03 flashes on/off, resume full power, 2:07 flashes on/off, stays on dim (seems like 200 lumens, not even the lower advertised 400 lumens). I email back and forth to the vendor's support, providing video proof, answering all questions, etc. -- no love, "works as designed." Say what? What manufacturer in thier right mind would build "auto" light-level, flashing video light?

On this and other forums, other divers are reporting good results with these lights. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The recourse with my vendor is exhausted, any insights to who might be able to fix them? Should I try again? (as they say, first time shame on them, second time shame on me :) )

Thoughts?
Thanks for any help.

I bought 2 DV11s directly from Aliexpress.com. They showed up on schedule, I inserted the batteries, turn them on, seemed to work fine, though I did not let them run but a minute or so while I checked them out (my bad). After jumping in the water in the Philippines using my new GoPro rig with close up lenses, lights and all, turns out the DV11s won't stay at full power for more than ~2 minutes.

The symptom: Turn on full power, 1:50 flashes on/off, resumes full power, 2:03 flashes on/off, resume full power, 2:07 flashes on/off, stays on dim (seems like 200 lumens, not even the lower advertised 400 lumens). I email back and forth to the vendor's support, providing video proof, answering all questions, etc. -- no love, "works as designed." Say what? What manufacturer in thier right mind would build "auto" light-level, flashing video light?

On this and other forums, other divers are reporting good results with these lights. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The recourse with my vendor is exhausted, any insights to who might be able to fix them? Should I try again? (as they say, first time shame on them, second time shame on me :) )

Thoughts?
Thanks for any help.

Did you use batteries they provided? I ordered my lights without batteries and purchased my own better quality batteries ( Amazon.com : Tenergy 2-Channel 18650/14500 Li-ion Battery Charger and 2 Li-ion 18650 Cylindrical 3.7V 2600mAh Rechargeable Batteries-Button Top with PCB : General Use Batteries : Computers & Accessories ).

Crappy batteries are a dime a dozen and your problem sounds like the batteries are dead/not holding charge. It's more likely that than having 2 bad lights at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom