Aransas Pass- Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Packery channel is the new inlet south of Mustang Island. It is about 1/2 mile north of the hotel area on North Padre. Fish Pass is an old inlet that is now filled with sand. I believe it is the southern boarder of Mustang Island. You can see the Fish Pass jetty on Google Earth located 27 deg, 36'34 North by 97 deg, 09'57 West. The image is too old to show the Packery Channel jetty but it is located at 27 deg, 36'46 North by 97 deg, 12'07 West. Vehicle traffic south of Packery is prohibited so you must drive to it from the north. The beach access road is just a couple hundred meters north of the jetty.

There were a few snorklers with guns. One guy said he got a couple good trout the day before. We saw one flounder that would have fed a couple folks. Lots of Mohagany snapper but most too small. Lots of small fish for looking including butterflies and seargent majors, juvi spadefish, snook, pinfish, butterfish (?), a number I did not recognize, and schools of baitfish that were bouncing off you at times.

Andrew I look forward to hearing about what you find there !
My Folks used to live in Rockport too ( now in Port Lavaca )
I go down that way from time to time.
I'd do the trip more often if there was a good dive spot near by.

You know me... Even a little visibility makes for a cool dive in my book :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom