Aquarena Springs (Diving for Science)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blindref757:
No Foo...They be wrong!!!

You're right... lots of things went on me before my hearing. :wink:

Guba:
The volunteer program at Spring Lake has done such a good job in eradicating hydrilla there that the city of San Marcos has asked that they spearhead volunteer efforts in removing the weed from the upper reaches of the San Marcos River. That could be a fun day/weekend. Anyone interested in participating in this effort?
I would love to help. Any excuse to get wet sounds good to me.

~Jess

Guba:
Yup, the Aquarena program is good, and they do a good job of making volunteers feel welcome.
The volunteer program at Spring Lake has done such a good job in eradicating hydrilla there that the city of San Marcos has asked that they spearhead volunteer efforts in removing the weed from the upper reaches of the San Marcos River. That could be a fun day/weekend. Anyone interested in participating in this effort?

YES, I'm interested. All I know of the San Marcos River is what I've seen from the patio of Joe's Crab Shack (after volunteering at Aquarena). Would be a good opportunity to try it out.

ScubaTexan:
That's the most fun part of the experience! :wavey:

Especially when it's a boat full of kids :)

I heard that the hydrilla grows about 6" a day so it would likely be every other day or so, working around the boat paths and such.

The challenge it seems is dealing with the wind and surface current. I think the other part is actually getting wet and pulling some weeds underwater.

Back
Top Bottom