Aquarena Springs 3-4-2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Aquarena a couple Fridays ago, trying out my new Steel 80. Got 80 mins BT with a max depth of 25, water temp was about 69 degrees. It was a little overcast so the pictures came out a little darker than I would have liked...but did have about 60' visibility.

Thanks for the heads up, Jay. I'll be diving there next week. I usually wear my 5mm there, but will I need the 7mm this time?

ScubaTexan:
Thanks for the heads up, Jay. I'll be diving there next week. I usually wear my 5mm there, but will I need the 7mm this time?

Stay at the bottom near the springs, where it's always 72. That's where all the work usually has to be done, anyways.

Wuss. Call yourself a Texan? We should all be diving Aquarena butt-nekid, yeah that's hardcore!

Is this warmed up water coming right out of the ground? Way cool!

archman:
Wuss. Call yourself a Texan? We should all be diving Aquarena butt-nekid, yeah that's hardcore!

Yeah, that would give the visitors on the glass-bottom boats a REAL show! LOL :D

KOMPRESSOR:
Is this warmed up water coming right out of the ground? Way cool!

Yes, it's a natural spring-fed lake.

ScubaTexan:
Yes, it's a natural spring-fed lake.
And unlike most folks' notions of the water temperatures of subterannean springs, our water is kept a toasty "warm" 72 degrees Fahrenheit. The overlying land is central Texas hill country, rife with cactus, scrub-brush, and rattlesnakes. The aquifer is not heated by geothermal activity, it's naturally that "warm". Hooyah.

Ya gotta LOVE Texas! :cowboy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom