Aquarena - Mar 4/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTHORIZATION TO DIVE

Once certified, volunteers will be allowed to assist Aquarena with projects and underwater tasks that conform to the Habitat Management Plan. There may also be opportunities to assist federal state and local agencies with research projects. Recreational activities are prohibited in Spring Lake so there may be periods when volunteers are not needed in the lake. At such times the Aquarium and Dive areas are often in need of repair and maintenance so volunteers are welcome to help in these areas when unable to enter Spring Lake.

Requests to dive must be made no later than 72 hours in advance to Heather Fisher or by phone (512-245-7541). Requests are not always granted but we value your support so please do not be discouraged if we are unable to complete your requests. If there is a need, volunteers will be sent an e-mail that they will need to bring with them to Aquarena in order to check in with the P.I.C. (Person In Charge.) This e-mail should include the date and activity to be completed. No One will be admitted into the lake without this confirmation.

Hemlon:
Hmm....I think I'll pass on this one.

I volunteer there every couple of weeks and there's always work to do - It's also not so taxing that you can't enjoy the other 45 minutes of air in your tank [after you're done of course]!

-=>Larry<=-:
I volunteer there every couple of weeks and there's always work to do - It's also not so taxing that you can't enjoy the other 45 minutes of air in your tank [after you're done of course]!

I'll still consider it, but my gut feeling is that it's not going to be something that will be cost-effective for me as I hardly ever drive to San Marcos.

But who knows...after all of the people on here take their course, they may exude such excitement that I change my mind.

The course was origionally intended for Texas State students - then they offered it to the public as a source of revenue (think of it as a donation) and to allow the greater dive community access. There is always a need for volunteers at certain times.

I worked during spring break last year and I may do it again this year. My avatar pic is from Spring Lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom