Aquarena - Feb 18-20 - anybody coming?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-=>Larry<=-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been out of the water for a month now and the itch to get wet was overwhelming. So - There I am sitting in a meeting room on day 3 of 4.5 days of formal meetings this week & Bridget send out the call for help!

That pushed me over the edge - so I booked myself out-of-the-office Friday afternoon and sent the message to Bridget that I would volunteer dive Friday afternoon and show up Sunday for the Aquarium work day.

Friday was SUPERB - Got there about 2PM and it was mine only! I had a tank of leftover 36% from my Jan class and Ethan asked me to clean off archeology - It needed it, there was algae over most of it and it certainly did not look like a dig that had had any action lately. Vis was about 50 feet before I got working and I finished an hour plus of dive by staring into my favorite spring for about 10 minutes of peace.

Odd unhappyness : The hot water heater apparantly has finally given up the goast :-(
- worse - when they brought it out and tried to do some upgrades - They found asbestos - so, the bathroom is out of comission also AND there will be some time period of figuring just what to do.....Bummer.

So - Will anybody be out SUnday? - Hope to see you if so.

I never liked that bathroom anyway. The plunger mechanism is always broken.

As old as that bathroom is, I'm not surprised they found asbestos. There's really no telling what else might be in there...

ScubaTexan:
As old as that bathroom is, I'm not surprised they found asbestos. There's really no telling what else might be in there...
Mermaid skeletons!

LOL....that's a distinct possibility.

Maybe a swimming pig skeleton, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom