Aqualung Wireless / Shearwater compatable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone used any Aqualung Wireless transmitters on Shearwater computers?

I hear they work the same as shearwater Ai, but less money?

Anyone try these out?
Do they work?
Are they as accurate?

Has anyone used any Aqualung Wireless transmitters on Shearwater computers?

I hear they work the same as shearwater Ai, but less money?

Anyone try these out?
Do they work?
Are they as accurate?
They are identical, all made by the same OEM.

I have two of them. They work. As said above, they are the same OEM. Aqualung branded ones are also available O2 clean, if it matters.

Europe is different, my closest webshop has AL for 238 €, Shearwater for 377 €. (I use Aqualung...)

You might want to buy a used one along with an older wrist computer, Oceanic oder Aqualung for instance. A friend of mine payed around 200,00 € for two transmitters.

Best Jens

The Shearwater transmitter includes a 2 year warranty. All the others are only 1 year, I believe.

Just FYI.

I have 4 old Oceanic transmitters. All of them work fine with Shearwater. At least 2 of them are about 18 years old.

I have firsthand experience with this. I had an Aqualung transmitter/computer for about 2 years. The transmitter battery finally gave me a “low battery” alarm on the last dive of a trip I was on. Changed the battery at my house and went on the next trip. About 45 mins in on my safety stop, lost signal to my transmitter, what the heck? Thought it may have been another bad battery but when I got home and opened it up, damn water inside! Toasted that one.

Shorty after this I had started tech training. I ended up buying a perdix and transmitter. The Shearwater transmitter linked up just fine with my Aqualung. Both transmitters emit the same low frequency so are compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom