Aqualung Vero Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BuoyantC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My wife just broke her favorite (used to be mine) Aqualung Vero mask. I know Aqualung discontinued this mask a few years ago, but I had heard another manufacturer had an identical mask by another name. Anyone have any suggestions?

And please don't post alternate suggestions as we can do that and have. We are just looking for another of the same if possible.

Thanks,
Dennis

I checked the internet, the only description I found was for a Vera mask.

Have your grandchild teach you how to do a "favorite search" notification on eBay. :rofl3: I never go on the internet unless my nephew is at home. :eyebrow:

You can have it send you e-mails whenever something pops up.

I would suggest using the words: vero mask (or is it Vera?) as a search criteria. Right now, all it pulls up is a Wrestling Celebrity costume mask, but it would be better than using words such as SCUBA, Aqualung, or anything else. Any listing has to have the word Vero (vera) and mask would be an obvious additional selector.

Sounds like she has first mask-itis, kind of like losing her binkie. The best advice? This is from 50 years of diving, get over it. The sooner she does, the more competent she will become.

There is no one mask for everyone, some masks are awful for some people, but show me a diver that can't pick up any mask and SCUBA for ten minutes (awful experience or not), I don't want to see them do anything more than entry level dives.

See? Just like you asked....I'm not recommending another particular mask that will be perfect... not at all.

eBay might find you one, but when you arrive at Happy Island after 21 hours airflight and open your suitcase in your thatched roof hut only to find the last Vero mask on the planet is now broken into two pieces.... whatcha' gonna' do then?

Adapt, improvise, overcome. Until then... eBay.

It is Vera, it is my primary mask as well. I picked mine up off of ebay about 2 years ago. I hate to say it though, but I have a search that includes these masks, and I have not seen another since I got mine. I know for awhile scubastore.com had them after they where discontinued, but I haven't checked lately. You may want to search european equipment providers, because I believe that mask was actually made by Technisub.

Good Luck!

RoatanMan, thanks for the input. The Vero vs. Vera mixup was my faulty memory as the sticker fell off a couple years ago. But F.Y.I. this is not a case of first mask-itis. My wife is an instructor with multiple agencies and just pulled another mask out of our box-o-extras. I just know she really likes the Vera and I was hoping to replace it.

And Jamiep3, thanks for the Technisub info. I know they manufacture under different labels so I'll search down that path.

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom