Aqualung Titan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titan LX breath great. Love mine. If you are intending to use it for cold water, get the Supreme version. You won't be disappointed.

We've had some 100 dives with our Aqualung regs within our household last year (2005). We're both set up with the Legend LX Supreme, and even with these we've had an incident of freeze/free flow. But what can one expect when leaving the rig with pressure on for 30 minutes (delayed drop in) in a warm car, have someone turn off the engine and leave the doors open without telling (for 30 minutes...) in air temps of -9 Celsius (15F)?

Other than that, we're sometimes doing dives in freshwater with surface temps of 2 degrees Celsius (36F), and air temps well below 20 and 10F. With good precautions it works great, so frost safety is top notch. The air quality is essential of course, but we have our own compressor in our shop.

I'd certainly go for a reg with adjustable flow on the 2. stage. The titan comes with a variety of 2. stages, so don't just get "a titan". Make sure you get the right one. It's an affordable reg anyway, and the prices between different models shouldn't vary much. The Titan LX Supreme will do nicely for you. So IF YOU GET A GOOD DEAL, go for it. But promise me, get a good back up 2. stage as well. Don't settle for el cheapo "yellow stuff". (Yes, there are good 2. stages that comes in yellow as well. Just make sure you know what it is...)

I suppose you've seen the whole Aqualung range, but here it is anyway:

http://www.aqualung.com/home.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom