Question Aqualung Titan LX Octopus Air Leak Problem - LF Spare Part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dipper Mouth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In my last dive my Aqualung Titan LX Octopus started leaking air when I opened the tank so I used a spare set. After I took to the local repair shop, he opened the regulator and determined that the lever is the problem. There is a gap between the lever and the valve body (connection holes) and this causes a small to medium air leak.

1653293150544.png

Did anyone had similar problem with their second stage? He said if we changed the lever, this problem will be solved but we couldn't find a replacement part in Turkey. Does anybody know someone that sells this part?

I have been rebuilding my AquaLung Legend Octo which seems similar to your Titan. My lever legs have ~2mm side to side play in relation to the tube. This has not caused a problem with my regulator. I do not believe this would be causing the air leak. My first thought is the orifice needs to be adjusted inward to compensate for seat wear, or the seat needs to be replaced. The lever legs can be reformed easily to minimize the gap.

In my last dive my Aqualung Titan LX Octopus started leaking air when I opened the tank so I used a spare set. After I took to the local repair shop, he opened the regulator and determined that the lever is the problem. There is a gap between the lever and the valve body (connection holes) and this causes a small to medium air leak.

View attachment 724306

Did anyone had similar problem with their second stage? He said if we changed the lever, this problem will be solved but we couldn't find a replacement part in Turkey. Does anybody know someone that sells this part?
That doesn't sound right. I'd get a second opinion from a different reg tech.

Yeah, I should definitely get a second opinion from an different technician. Thanks for the recommendation

The Titan LX second is virtually identical to the early Legend second. I am continually amazed at what "techs" will tell customers. There is always play between the lever and the air barrel and there is no seal here. My initial search would look at the o-ring on the shuttle and the seat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom