Aqualung Titan and Suunto Vyper Computer - $50 - should I buy it??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$50 is nothing now. I'd be forcing the money on them and grabbing the reg before they could change their mind, and I neither want nor need another reg set.

@Nemrod you mentioned the rebuild kits are the same for the current core and titan? is that for both first and second stage?

The current Core has ACD whereas the Titan does not so there would be extra parts. My point is that the basic internal parts have not changed and some of them (those basic parts like the seat) are available through non-OEM sources.

The Core second stage is pneumatically balanced and the Titan is not, a simple, basic downstream valve, so you would find parts commonality between the Legend and Core, the Titan with the Calypso as already pointed out.

Sorry about the car analogies, I was just messing with Tom, who knows a ton of stuff about Poseidon regulators and all of this, way more than me. He is actually smart, me not so much :) .

James

haha, all is good. I like all things cars and engines. I always use car analogies myself :)

Just wanted to know what kits I would pick up if I was to rebuild this old US Divers Titan 1st and second stage.

Here, take a look:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-02-at-4-54-43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-09-02-at-5-01-35-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-10-27-12-PM.png

To freshen up the second stage unless it is unusually bad would be the #23 seat. Generally you can inspect the diagram and exhaust valve and unless they appear misshapen, curled, or torn then they can probably remain in service.

James

well shoot. I didnt go get it yesterday. Told her she could relist. Checked this AM and its sold :(

Sorry. didn't mean to like that post. That sucks.

Back
Top Bottom