Aqualung SEA Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will, you are close, the filter in the SEA is different than the Conshelf/Titan. :)
Like Ouvea said, the LP port is 1/2, not the standard 3/8 so plan on getting an adapter- $7 or so. You can get the 1/2 hoses but they are harder to find so just adapting it is the best idea. While somewhat heavy, I travel with one becuase of the ease of service. The 2 main parts that may fail are the HP seat and the balance chamber oring, both of which are very easy to access without a total dissambly of the reg.

Herman,
I don't have an SEA (yet), so I was not aware that the filter is different. What does it use, the conical type?

Iirc the aqualung Kronos is a Titan with 2 hp, 4 lp ports.

Us old farts are going to have to remember that there is a new Titan.
How about
Titan V for the old Voit
Titan I for the Conshelf sucessor
Titan II for the latest
??

Bumping an old thread to ask some SEA regulator questions.
  • Did all versions of the SEA have a single 1/2" LP port?
  • Were there two versions of the SEA, distinguished by slot or hex IP adjustment?
  • Any reason to prefer one version over another

I believe that all SEA as well as all SE2 regulators came with a first stage having a single 1/2" LP port. If you want more than one at that size, the SE first stage offered three 1/2" LP ports.

I have and use an SE, and although it is one of my favorite regs, having all 1/2" LP ports is best described as frustrating, either I use special hoses, or special couplings. My current setup includes a Mares Mi-Flex hose in 1/2" for my primary second stage, and numerous Ts and splitters in both LP and HP routed through reduction couplings.

Thanks USdiver, I'd prefer no 1/2" ports on a SEA but I use the Apex flush fit adapters so not really a problem.

I'm looking at a SEA as possibly having the ultimate hose routing for a single tank setup using 4x LP ports. My Conshelf SE2 is close but the SEA looks even better with two of the LP ports angled in. On the SE2 I use an Omniswivel for the drysuit hose on the top LP port, makes for very compact routing.

Will, you are close, the filter in the SEA is different than the Conshelf/Titan. :)
Like Ouvea said, the LP port is 1/2, not the standard 3/8 so plan on getting an adapter- $7 or so. You can get the 1/2 hoses but they are harder to find so just adapting it is the best idea. While somewhat heavy, I travel with one becuase of the ease of service. The 2 main parts that may fail are the HP seat and the balance chamber oring, both of which are very easy to access without a total dissambly of the reg.

I ended up converting an FSR to a non "overbalanced" FSR (using US4 end cap) to use with conshelf seconds for travel for the same reason, only need a hex key to access likely to fail parts and even complete disassembly only reqires an additional 3/4 ring spanner, a C spanner and a couple of hex keys. Has 2 HP ports, nice hose routing and is very compact. Found a cool metal yoke knob too.

IMG_3790.JPG
IMG_3791.JPG

Last edited:
Bumping an old thread to ask some SEA regulator questions.
  • Did all versions of the SEA have a single 1/2" LP port?
  • Were there two versions of the SEA, distinguished by slot or hex IP adjustment?
  • Any reason to prefer one version over another

No, I had one where all LP ports were 3/8 but that was badged Cousteau and sold with a Micra ADJ. A friend of mine had the same model but his Cousteau had a 1/2 port, my memory's fading could have been the other way around, it was many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom