"Aqualung Rocketfins" or "Scubapro Jetfins"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impulse

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I am knew to the board.

I hope everybody is alright :)

I am thinking about buying a pair of Aqulung Rocketfins. But on this board I read that Scubapro Jetfins are better when compared to the rockets yet I could not find any specific information why jets are better than rockets?

Which one you suggest me buy?

Thanks.

I used Rockets in the 70's and 80's. They finally wore out. I now use Jets. I really think it comes down to personal preference, I liked the Rockets, but prefer the Jets.

Best wishes.

Rockets come in only two sizes- regular and super rockets. If you have feet bigger than a size 7 or so men's you'll need the supers. My dry boots are 9's and even the supers are tight. I;d go with jets and I've never used them.

impulse:
Scubapro Jetfins are better when compared to the rockets yet I could not find any specific information why jets are better than rockets?

Jets push me through the water with ease. They are the best fins I've used. I've also used Rockets. They require lots of work to get less power than I get easily from Jets. Rockets are one of the worst fins I've used. Jets are better because they are more powerful and require a great deal less effort.

impulse:
Which one you suggest me buy?

If you want a workout, buy the Rockets. If you want a relaxing dive or if you ever expect to dive in current, buy the Jets.

Jets push me through the water with ease. They are the best fins I've used. I've also used Rockets. They require lots of work to get less power than I get easily from Jets. Rockets are one of the worst fins I've used. Jets are better because they are more powerful and require a great deal less effort.

If you want a workout, buy the Rockets. If you want a relaxing dive or if you ever expect to dive in current, buy the Jets.

Hmmmm, is there really that much difference between these two fins which look alike?

So I wonder why military uses rockets instead of jets? Maybe rockets are more powerful than jets because they need more workout? More workout would mean the fins are more powerful. Am I mistaken?

They are military. I had a retired gunny tell me at work that in the military everything is easy. There are just different degrees of easy. He also told me about being assigned to a combat engineering unit that was supposed to be bulldozing some road. The dozer broke, everyone was issued a shovel, cause a marine with a shovel is just as good as a dozer.

Hmmmm, is there really that much difference between these two fins which look alike?

So I wonder why military uses rockets instead of jets? Maybe rockets are more powerful than jets because they need more workout? More workout would mean the fins are more powerful. Am I mistaken?

I agree with Walter. The USD fins are really bad. I don't know why, they look similar but the difference is considerable and it is NOT because I'm not strong enough to use a USD Rocket fin.

I agree with Walter. The USD fins are really bad. I don't know why, they look similar but the difference is considerable and it is NOT because I'm not strong enough to use a USD Rocket fin.

What makes the difference? The rubber used in jets?

Do you know a good online shop that I can order jets? Because here in this country I live, I can only find rockets. I found a shop that sells jets but they say that there is none in the stocks and the wholesaler neither. They do not know when they would have jets in their stocks. But I will go diving in a month so I want to buy them quick and use them.

I was thinking that rockets would be fine for me. But now you changed my mind. Pıffff.

Back
Top Bottom