"Aqualung Rocketfins" or "Scubapro Jetfins"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe ego?

It's not ego for me. I haven't used the SP jet fins for a few years now that I use freedive fins for scuba that are much better! Never the less, the SP jets are decent fins, but you can not cruise at near the pace with them compared to long fins with closed heel that fit well.

ego is so 1990's

:)

ego is so 1990's

:)

:rofl3: So true. But what do we call ego these days :wink:

I've used both Rockets and Jets. Despite similar appearace between the two, Jet's do feel different. More "whip" at the fin tip (hey, that rhymes!) with the Jets I think. At least that is what I think I'm feeling. I just like the Jets better than my old Rockets, for me it is just how the Jets "feel".

I am using XXL Jets with my 5mm dive boots, so the physical size of the blade is significantly larger (longer) than my old Rockets.... and I'm only assuming here that the design of the Rocket fins have not changed... my retired Rockets are circa 1976, my Jets are vintage 2007 ( a very good year for Jets I hear :D ).

Best wishes.

Thanks for all the comments.

I decided to buy jets. I was lucky today and I found them at a local shop here. I will go buy them tomorrow. They are a little bit more expensive than the rockets. I hope extra money will worth it.

Cheers :)

I dove rockets for many years. I think the jets do better, but have never done a fair comparison.

I dive jets & OMS Slipstreams (a lighter weight jet clone) now.

I got scubapro jetfins XL last year and I love them. they do the job great and when I need it, I can get extra speed with very little effort.
I picked up the jet fins on ebay for really cheap, retired from a fire dept. after years of service the only wear where the straps that originally came with 'em, the fins are still in perfect shape. I highly recommend getting the spring straps, they make a great fin even better.

so two suggestions if you decide to go with jetfins, check ebay because you can find fins for $20 and get the spring straps.

While Rockets and Jets may appear similar they are very, VERY, different fins. Rockets basically suck and Jets are the best ever, go figure. Opinions based on 40 years of diving with both types.

N

I'm with Nemrod on this. had the same experience. I am currently using jets from the 70's that show no sign of deteriorating. I had gone through a couple of pair of Rockets and had the foot pockets rip on a couple. The jets hold up well and work well.

I've gone through probably at least 5-6 jet fins, They eventually crack on the ribs near the footpockets, but this is probably from battling fish underwater. They are however very tough fins to wear out.

Also when they get old the rubber will crack and get soft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom