Aqualung regs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have several older (barrel first stage) Titan LX's which have removable crowns, and several Apex (of various persuasion) with non-removable crown. In my opinion, in most cases, removable vs non-removable is a non issue, since it takes a very ham-handed "tech" to damage a crown.

The Titan LX (which became the Core) crown is removable, it is disappointing that the standard Titan crown is not. I do not have the PD for that one, we sure about that? I have two Conshelf XIV regulators that are, well, they are old, they look and work like new and the crown (volcano orifice) is not replaceable in them either. How long does something need to last before we can say we got our money worth, :wink:?

And you are correct, it is possible with the Core second stage to set the two retaining rings finger tight for field removal without a tool. And that is plenty tight. I have mine set that way. On the Core, you do need to index the inner diaphragm ring to align the purge cover which has a mating index, purely aesthetic.

James
Really? I do not know of any Titan 1st stage iteration that does not have a removable crown, which one does not? Cheers.

Really? I do not know of any Titan 1st stage iteration that does not have a removable crown, which one does not? Cheers.
He said it was not, not me. I was questioning that as fact. :wink:

You're right, Simon. My bad in steering the conversation off track. ALL the Titans shared removable volcanos, to their credit.

As for @keyshunter 's comment above, let me introduce to you just a few of the ham fisted technicians and divers who have almost irretrievably damaged fixed-volcano diaphragms, unless their techs know how to reach and dress a volcano...

Attachments

• 20140821_115315.jpg
    20140821_115315.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20191215_104350.jpg
    20191215_104350.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20181031-114644_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181031-114644_Gallery.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20181031-115252_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181031-115252_Gallery.jpg