Aqualung Pacifica Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BuiltLikeABulldog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm having mask troubles that are frustrating me beyond belief lol. A quick backstory:

I went out and purchased a Us Divers Hawaii 3 mask.. fits fine, creates a seal. yet in the water it leaks. So I used my fiance's backup mask. They leak too (same place, right at the indentation at the outside of the eyes)
My 3rd mask is a Cheapo US Divers snorkel mask. Fits great, never leaked... the mask doesn't sit far back on my face enough to allow me to squeeze my nostrils in order to equalize on descent.. lol. So I raged and went to my LDS with my fiance (who is my divemaster) to pick out a new mask (yes.. a 4th) I tried on every mask... I picked the Tusa Tri-EX mask. Fit in the story, was able to pinch my nose didn't leak. I get the one from the back, brand new with the case, I take it home and Air is leaking in at my right eye again...Only 1/2 the time, but I mean... I'd really like to try and find a mask that I don't have to worry about that.. I try adjusting it and after a while of fooling with it I can find the 'sweet spot'

While at the shop I tried the Aqualung pacific mask. It fit my face like a facehugger from ALiens.. Equalizing with it is a bit tricky with the purge valve. I have to use both my index fingers in order to do it... but I'm able to.
The sales guy said "Yea that's an old fashion one... not really that great for scuba" I asked why and these were his reasons"
1.) it's a high volume mask, so it will require a lot of equalizing. (I see his point) but whatever, I exhale through my nose as I go down... not the end of the world...
2.) "You will get laughed at on any boat you get on". I thought the mask looked pretty damn awesome to be honest with you lol... Can anybody give me a reason as to why I'd get "laughed at" on a boat?? I don't really much care, as I'm going back tomorrow to switch the masks out... but it kinda annoyed me how he was hating on that mask when i thought it was pretty rad. lol thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom