Aqualung Micra o-ring #20 size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ian,
ID 13.3 x 1.80mm is not a normal or standard in the USA. But first can I ask what type of instrumentation you are using for such precise measurement.
We've figured out the o-ring size should be:
1.78mm x 14 EPDM 80shA which is a -015

I should add using the EPDM compound is a French thing and only from the French.
EPDM is commonly used in aviation, and in the auto industry in the US. If you mean in SCUBA applications I know ScubaPro uses EPDM in many of their regulators.

Cheers,

Couv

Everyone has touched on it, but the answer is 2-014 for fit. That cup in the receiving land makes it too hard to fit a 015.

Yes, the specs allow a 0.6" cracking effort, but the reg is VERY twitchy to tune at that level. It's as though the seal wants to unseal with 3° of unscrewing. Tough to maintain. But the case geometry is indeed what allows that. Last pair I tuned, I sent out at 1.0", assuming the seat would take a set and drop a bit after 3 months.
Interesting design, but I'm a little afraid of really using it. I'll let you know how it works for my buddy at those settings.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom