AquaLung LPO Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recommendations re. LPO use with an overbalance first come straight from Aqualung tech support and sales channels. So, it's a generally accepted fact within Aqualung - somewhere around here I have the bulletin, which I'll try to find.

Like I said, if the LPO is adjusted according to mfr. spec. (lower end of cracking effort), this is (apparently) an observed phenomenon.

Just finished one of their repair seminars - it was emphasized yet again.

No chain pulling here. I haven't seen it happen personally, but I can understand how it might. I simply don't use the POS.

Of course, I also don't understand how somebody who can afford an extremely high performance reg. cuts corners on the octo. unless carrying it is just a formality.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Ummm... Zaphod, I dont think I am following you... Who told you this???

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The LPO is generally not recommended for an overbalanced first stage, like the ATX-200 or Legend series. Since the overbalancing adjusts the IP an additional 40% beyond "normal," the LPO (being a classic downstream valve, with a steeply angled lever) can begin to freeflow beyond 80ft (if adjusted according to mfr. specs). Withing rec. limits, a tech can detune it a little more, but it will breath like a serious dog at shallow depths. A balanced octo is more suitable for an overbalanced first.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regularly dive my APeks ATX-200 with my LPO to over 100 feet. AND, it has been down to 180 feet as well, with no freeflow. I think someone is pulling your chain buddy.

No chain pulling. It is in the service manual, I am a service tech for Apeks/Aqua Lung, it is NOT recommended because of the over balancing. They do not say it will not work, they just don't recommend it.

Don't expect the LPO to breathe as good are a real reg. It wasn't designed for use as a reg. It was designed to get you and your buddy out of trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom