Aqualung Legend vs Scubapro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just a purple drysuit, ordered a purple wing and wish I could find decent purple fins and mask.

No help on the mask, but if you consider them "decent," you can get (or at least used to be able to get) Scubapro Nova Seawings in purple.

No help on the mask, but if you consider them "decent," you can get (or at least used to be able to get) Scubapro Nova Seawings in purple.

Looks more pink and not sure if they would work for my style.

They also make pink ones, I think, but trust me the purple ones are purple, at least on land. Got a pair for the wife.

Not sure they would be good drysuit fins and I don't think they are great for frogkicks, so probably not your best choice, but I was trying to support your purple goal.

They also make pink ones, I think, but trust me the purple ones are purple, at least on land. Got a pair for the wife.

Not sure they would be good drysuit fins and I don't think they are great for frogkicks, so probably not your best choice, but I was trying to support your purple goal.

I appreciate it

Still waiting to find a 1st that balances as good as any Legend I had on my Flow Benches.
Also their 2nds are very good.
On the other hand it's not really clear what for you might need a new reg when you have a working MK10 (Plus) and a G250.
It has been a Top Reg in '92, it is technically still good for 90+% of all Dive Profiles.
If you are looking for something really easier breathing than your G250, then check for an old D350 (maybe tuned by Rob).
Best of both worlds would be for me the Legend 1st and a D-Series with metal orifice......
Can you please tell me who Rob is (a contact name or detail) who is good at tuning D400 / D350? ....because finding a tech who can get aD400 fine tuned isn't easy.

Rsingler on this forum. There is no better D350/D400 tech

I can't say which is best, but I can say that the AL Legends I rented breathed about the same as the scubapro s600/mk25 I ended up buying later. That is, no problems to speak of with either regulator. I don't think I'd deliberately replace one with the other, but in my case I had to make a decision.

If I had to do it over again I'd have gone with Poseidon, but I was initially turned off by the odd sized hose they used to require.

Not just parroting, but based on my experience, you'll not find another second stage that breathes noticeably better than a well tuned updated G250, different breathing characteristics but not "better".

First stage, they all do the same job, for rec diving anyway, assuming balanced, performance is all but in the second stage.

Is there something you don't like or find lacking with your G250?

Pistons for the MK10 are almost impossible to find new now and have been NLA for many years.

Basically buy the reg that takes your fancy, one that you can get serviced relatively easily and meets your diving requirements, cold water etc etc.

Shopping is fun.

If you're hell bent on buying a new reg set you'll not go wrong with either AL or SP. the MK17 can have a substantial ip swing which irritates me a little. If @axxel57 says the legend has the lowest ip swing of any first stage he's tested then it is so, but boy are they big first stages.

Personally new, I'd go a G260 with an Apeks FSR first stage. If you don't want to mix and match brands, which "can" complicate servicing, get the legend.

Currently SP do not offer the MK19, apparently only a small ip swing, as a set with the G260 only in black tech/carbon which is a pretty penny.

Have fun, good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom