Aqualung Legend vs Scubapro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed with Scubapro and bought a MK25/G260. My friend bought a Legend and we will be comparing them.
My '91 MK10/G250 is getting updated and serviced. Going to let another friend use it until he buys one.

I have both, G250's and Legends. Two of each.
The Legend breaths a little easier, smaller and has a larger easier to use Venturi control. Especially if your using neoprene gloves. I also find the Legends to be more quiet. The only negative I find on the Legend is the rubber purge cover. I live in the snow belt, but I suspect a lot of tropical diving and sun will shorten its life and you would have to spend a wopping $15. to replace it.

The G250's are a little easier to service, plastic purge cover and if anyone gives you a hard time about older gear, you can grin and know your vintage probably works better than their's.

I have both, G250's and Legends. Two of each.
The Legend breaths a little easier, smaller and has a larger easier to use Venturi control. Especially if your using neoprene gloves. I also find the Legends to be more quiet. The only negative I find on the Legend is the rubber purge cover. I live in the snow belt, but I suspect a lot of tropical diving and sun will shorten its life and you would have to spend a wopping $15. to replace it.

The G250's are a little easier to service, plastic purge cover and if anyone gives you a hard time about older gear, you can grin and know your vintage probably works better than their's.
There is a reason a tech can make the Legend a little easier to breathe than the G250. Both have a crown that can be adjusted for cracking effort The Legend has a micro-adjust whereas the G250 does not. The G260 has the micro-adjust making it closure in design to the Legend for inhalation effort.

This is almost a thread revival?

The Legend is a top perfroming regulator in any of it's three generations. I doubt you will find a regulator that can outperform it without going to something like a D420 or D series or maybe the XStream if even then. The Legend is also basically bullet proof with the ACD. I just pulled my wife's first gen Legend down to inspect after a small issue with a tank O-ring (in the water). Clean as a whistle inside, brand new. I put it back together. This is a 2008 regulator and my wife is a little :wink: rough on her gear. They are rock solid regulators.

For technical diving with twinsets there are better choices due to the hose routing be optimal for single tanks. For travel, staying in the AL lineup, I prefer the Core for it's tiny and very light first stage and simple, knobless, second stage.

I do think some of the Scubapro stuff is a bit heavier duty in general, I now have a set of the G250s and the things are tanks and the covers and diaphragms would be easier to remove in water if that matters. And the first stage choices Scubapro provides are more diverse especially for twinsets.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom