Aqualung Legend vs Atomic B2, ST1, T3 ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friends new Legend is one of the easiest breathing regulators I've tried. And its the lowest priced one.

The owner is the one who told me Titans are junk and I need a Legend.
So not his staff who are scamming ... its the owner himself.

I took my son's Titan to the new shop yesterday and asked him to check it out as mine was rebuilt incorrectly.
They looked at it, same deal, backwards or upside down or whatever and my son's octo had a leak, they gave me the same deal, no charge.

Signed up for a class while I was there.
Trustworthy gentlemen
I am sorry to hear that it was the owner.

...it might be worth it to tell the owner that his tech doesn't know what they are doing and his staff are trying to scam people.

Perhaps it wasn't a scam attempt, but that's just what the guy believed? If we've learned nothing else from the contentious debates between pro. and anti-vaccine camps in this pandemic, it's that large groups of people with access to much the same info. can come to widely different (and in some cases, inexplicably idiotic) conclusions.

I'm not advocating to go back to the old LDS. If I understand correctly, Murphy in NC recently had their pair of Titans serviced and rebuilt, his still wasn't flowing 'great' and his son's octo. had a leak, the other (not so local) dive shop showed where they'd allegedly been rebuilt incorrectly and fixed them, no charge. Sounds like good reason to change dive shops to me.

Perhaps it wasn't a scam attempt, but that's just what the guy believed? If we've learned nothing else from the contentious debates between pro. and anti-vaccine camps in this pandemic, it's that large groups of people with access to much the same info. can come to widely different (and in some cases, inexplicably idiotic) conclusions.
That’s definitely giving the shop the benefit of the doubt. However, from the original post, the first shop just dismissed them as “entry level” regs. There is a difference in explaining the differences between regulators and just dismissing them as “entry level.”

I'm not advocating to go back to the old LDS. If I understand correctly, Murphy in NC recently had their pair of Titans serviced and rebuilt, his still wasn't flowing 'great' and his son's octo. had a leak, the other (not so local) dive shop showed where they'd allegedly been rebuilt incorrectly and fixed them, no charge. Sounds like good reason to change dive shops to me.
Definitely a good reason to switch. There are lots of dive shops out there, and unfortunately many are just looking for a quick sale. If you find a good one, rewarding them with your business is how we can keep them around.

As I understand it, LDS1 did the initial service. Assuming that what NotSoLDS2 reported was correct, the techs at LDS1 are at least incompetent, as they assembled the reg incorrectly. When the customer reported the problem, the owner just tried to upsell, rather than take a look at their work. Given the amount that NSLDS2 charged ($0.00) to correct LDS1’s work, it sounds like it was quickly detected, and easily fixed.

That’s definitely giving the shop the benefit of the doubt. However, from the original post, the first shop just dismissed them as “entry level” regs. There is a difference in explaining the differences between regulators and just dismissing them as “entry level.”

Definitely a good reason to switch. There are lots of dive shops out there, and unfortunately many are just looking for a quick sale. If you find a good one, rewarding them with your business is how we can keep them around.

As I understand it, LDS1 did the initial service. Assuming that what NotSoLDS2 reported was correct, the techs at LDS1 are at least incompetent, as they assembled the reg incorrectly. When the customer reported the problem, the owner just tried to upsell, rather than take a look at their work. Given the amount that NSLDS2 charged ($0.00) to correct LDS1’s work, it sounds like it was quickly detected, and easily fixed.

Thats it
dive shop 1 put it on the meter that shows how well its working (I don't know the term).
then put the Titan on the meter and said the Titan is junk and I need the Legend.

Never opened the reg,

Also stated that Legend was 820, the box he pulled it out of a box marked 720.

When I asked why the higher price he said it was in the wrong box.
820 is the cost for the Legend MBS not the Legend

So more than one infraction here, this was not customer service this was how do we make some extra jingle today.
You never know what going on in someone's life and why they are doing what they are. So forgive and move on.

So in the end I came out way ahead because I have a much better shop

So in the end I came out way ahead because I have a much better shop
Exactly. It’s unfortunate, but in many places, good shops are hard to find. It cost that owner very little to open up that reg and take care of the problem. But, since they went above and beyond, they’ve got themselves a customer.

There are a bunch of dive shops in my area, but only a handful that will see any of my money. My preferred shop has benefited over the past few years. In the past 6 years, I’ve purchased 3 BCs, and two regulator sets. I would have also bought a computer from them, but at the time, they weren’t a Shearwater dealer. Guess where I’ll go when my kids need new computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom