Aqualung Hotshot fins with Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Aqualung Hotshot fins will fit with the Tusa DS-2700 (3mm boots) Tusa

And if so would a regular size still fit? I wear a size 9 shoe.

I have the Agualung Hotshot fins and wear a thin sock. I do not think there is room for boots.

Unless you buy a larger size fin, and even then, you will not be able to wear boots with them, neoprene socks and bare feet ok, boots not. I tried with 3mm boots it was a no go.

Unless you buy a larger size fin, and even then, you will not be able to wear boots with them, neoprene socks and bare feet ok, boots not. I tried with 3mm boots it was a no go.

I'm trying to avoid having to walk barefoot around before putting my boots on. Is there another set of travel fins that would work better? (ie fit the boots)

I'm trying to avoid having to walk barefoot around before putting my boots on. Is there another set of travel fins that would work better? (ie fit the boots)

Hollis F2s. Almost as light as the HotShots, come with spring straps, robust construction, small very easy to pack. I now use these as my travel fin and like them a lot.

So I ended up buying the Hotshot fins (Medium Size) and I tested them with my Tusa Boots (Not that I didn't believe you) anyways they sort of fit but are very tight, and it was actually pretty difficult to get them on. If its possible to switch the straps for Spring Straps it may work. Though I think I may just go by a cheap pair of neoprene socks.

So I ended up buying the Hotshot fins (Medium Size) and I tested them with my Tusa Boots (Not that I didn't believe you) anyways they sort of fit but are very tight, and it was actually pretty difficult to get them on. If its possible to switch the straps for Spring Straps it may work. Though I think I may just go by a cheap pair of neoprene socks.

It is my understanding that Atomic spring straps work fine. I'm sure there are others but another poster on the Board uses Atomic straps with the Hotshots. Yep, personally I'd just buy some neoprene socks and walk carefully or return them and buy some Hollis F2s. Good luck.

It is my understanding that Atomic spring straps work fine. I'm sure there are others but another poster on the Board uses Atomic straps with the Hotshots. Yep, personally I'd just buy some neoprene socks and walk carefully or return them and buy some Hollis F2s. Good luck.

Ok, definitely need new straps or a neoprene sock. Tried them today at the Quarry, and the strap almost came off a few times. Going from a medium to a small I think would be to small, I just need a tad more padding around my foot.

On a side note they worked really well for being a small fin.

I have a friends with the Hotshots and he wears a neoprene sock with them, no bootie, and swears by it. Keeps his feet warm in cooler water without having to switch to bigger fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom