Aqualung Gear ID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horn34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If this is the wrong forum, please throw it where it belongs.

I found what I think is a good deal on some Aqualung gear, but Aqualung is one of the mfg's I know nothing about or own anything of. The owner doesn't know the age or model numbers. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Fins

aqualung_flexfins.jpg

BCD

aqualung_malibu3.jpg

aqualung_malibu2.jpg

aqualung_malibu1.jpg

Regulator

aqualung_reg2.jpg

aqualung_reg.jpg

pre 2008 aqualung titan with LPO and gauge console, malibu rds bcd, aqualung blades 2 fins.

the reg puts the age as from 1998 to 2008 and everything could have been bundled as a shop rental set or beginners package to a fresh ow diver

the spg is in bar which is uncommon for the US

Weird that the SPG is in BAR but the depth gauge is in feet. In and of itself it's not a problem if you just learn to use BAR instead of PSI. You could easily replace the SPG if you don't want to use BAR.

The Titan is a very good, solid reg. Parts are easily available and service is not a problem. I personally don't like the LPO (the small yellow octo). It works but is a pretty poor breathing reg. Replace the octo and it's a very good reg.

If I remember correctly, the BCD has an issue that can be a pain. The inflator is an oddball size so it' difficult to find replacements for it. If it works, it's fine but if it fails, you have to find a complete hose assembly that will fit the BC. I wouldn't let that stop me from buying it but you do need to be aware of the issue.

The fins are lower end AL but if they fit, no reason you shouldn't use them.

All in all, it would make a good beginner or vacation diver setup if the price is right. I wouldn't go more than $250-275 for the works.

Weird that the SPG is in BAR but the depth gauge is in feet. In and of itself it's not a problem if you just learn to use BAR instead of PSI. You could easily replace the SPG if you don't want to use BAR.

The Titan is a very good, solid reg. Parts are easily available and service is not a problem. I personally don't like the LPO (the small yellow octo). It works but is a pretty poor breathing reg. Replace the octo and it's a very good reg.

If I remember correctly, the BCD has an issue that can be a pain. The inflator is an oddball size so it' difficult to find replacements for it. If it works, it's fine but if it fails, you have to find a complete hose assembly that will fit the BC. I wouldn't let that stop me from buying it but you do need to be aware of the issue.

The fins are lower end AL but if they fit, no reason you shouldn't use them.

All in all, it would make a good beginner or vacation diver setup if the price is right. I wouldn't go more than $250-275 for the works.

northeast scuba supply has replacement seaquest parts that will fit. costs a little more than the generic stuff from dgx, but not so much that a repair is uneconomical if you need it.

Seaquest Inflator Assembly Complete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom