Aqualung Fusion AIRCORE Breathable Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding the question on weighting:

I am 5'10", and weigh about 200lbs, medium build.

Here is my weight profile when diving in a wetsuit:
suit = 5.5mm
boots, gloves, hood
12L steel tank = 2.2kg (4.8lbs) full tank (200 bar) weighed in the water
SS BP/W = @ 2.4KH (5.3lbs)
Lead needed (fresh water) = between 1kg (2.2lbs) and 2kg (4.4lbs)
Lead needed (salt water) = 6kg

He is my weight profile when diving dry:
Suit = Aqualung fusion bullet
12L steel tank = 2.2kg (4.8lbs) full tank (200 bar) weighed in the water
SS BP/W = @ 2.4KH (5.3lbs)
Lead needed (fresh water with thin fleece undersuit) = 6kg
Lead needed (fresh water with thick Fusion Thermal) = 8-9kg

Hope that helps.

-Z

I use the SI tech round (Quick Cuff). As was mentioned prior, the included "Antares suck". The Ant's have a tendency to pull and fail with larger gloves\hands from what I read and shop agreed (I have never dove them). I had them replace the Ant for the Round. I also have the SI round on my backup suit so it was also a factor in my choice. Only negative I can say to it is that the round ring cuffs can get in the way when using the pockets or reaching into other things like adjusting my DiveX scooter prop in the water. But all have been manageable albeit annoying at times. I also use the orange glove vs the blue as they are thinner and give much better dexterity for cameras and the like. They do wear and puncture faster but are cheap online ($5 a pair) so just replace as needed.

As to weight. Its been a few years and lbs since I've dove wet so can't answer that question accurately.
I can say I did not notice a difference in weight needed between this and my backup suit (Hollis bio-dry, standard trilam style suit). In my opinion, unless your suit is made of lead or neoprene you are not going to see much difference in weight with a proper fitted suit. The Apex should adjust and fit better than most suits (unless custom and even then). Most of the weight difference will be with the choice in undergarment. My arctic takes about 4lbs less than my fusion (note: I have not dialed in the right weight for the fusion, so no one use that as fact its a reference point between the thermals). Fusion does keep me warmer but I dive with a heater so don't always need the bulk/weight. It's all about how much air the loft of the suit holds and how easily it allows the air to flow within the suit (venting). If air has trouble moving, it will feel like you need more weight.

Hope this helps.
-Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom