Aqualung Dimension vs Zeagle Ranger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoatingDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all. I’m in the market for my first BCD. I know I’d like a back inflate and was thinking about the Aqualung Dimension or the Zeagle Ranger. Probably mostly for warm water reef diving but like to get something I can use in cooler quarry dives or perhaps some ocean wreck diving. I like the idea of a BP/W but think I’d feel more comfortable with dumpable weights. I like that these two have pockets too, though I know I could get tec shorts if I needed with a BP/W

I’m ok to spend a bit more if it is worth it, but are there any considerations I should think about? I’m average size about 5’8” and 165.

Thanks in advance

Hi all. I’m in the market for my first BCD. I know I’d like a back inflate and was thinking about the Aqualung Dimension or the Zeagle Ranger. Probably mostly for warm water reef diving but like to get something I can use in cooler quarry dives or perhaps some ocean wreck diving. I like the idea of a BP/W but think I’d feel more comfortable with dumpable weights. I like that these two have pockets too, though I know I could get tec shorts if I needed with a BP/W

I’m ok to spend a bit more if it is worth it, but are there any considerations I should think about? I’m average size about 5’8” and 165.

Thanks in advance
To add more options to your decision, there’s a few different types of dumpable weights that you can add to a BP/W very easily. The same for pockets.

To add more options to your decision, there’s a few different types of dumpable weights that you can add to a BP/W very easily. The same for pockets.
Hmmm, ok, good to consider, sounds like you favor bp/w too? What are some names I should consider?

I’ve got a dimension

Pro:
Very comfortable, can adjust so hip belt takes the load instead of shoulder straps like a hiking backpack. Great for long shore walks to the entry point

Easy to don and doff. Also easy to adjust

Large pockets that are low enough to use easily underwater. I keep my SMB in one.

Especially good octo and gauge holder design

Back inflate easy to keep trim.

Con:
“Sure Lock” weight pockets should be called “Sure Loss” easy to have one only partially clipped in. Tuck a finger in and give each one a hard tug to make sure they are locked. Repeat 3 times.

Back inflate can tilt you forward on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom