Aquacat cabin 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Eric and I are hoping to dive the Aquacat spring 2022. Not a lot of options left. Has anyone stayed in cabin11? Any storage?

I did a trip on AquaCat, I don't remember which room. From what I remember, the rooms did have enough space for storing all of our stuff. I am going on Cat Ppalu in a couple weeks and I know they store luggage on land during the trip.

EDIT - just looked at the deck plan and saw that cabin 11 is the bunks. Not sure how much that limits the space.

Cabin 11 is the small bunk room with skylight. Not ideal but at least it is cheaper.

Not sure who stayed in that cabin. There were two groups on board splitting the boat.

BTW - The AquaCat is awesome. Had a great time and wish I could swing it again.

There is a trip report somewhere on here where the poster stayed in 11- I remember because I was also looking at 11 but it booked before I pulled the trigger.

I think it was a father and son who got 11 when I was on the boat back in May- they had no complaints.

For the reduced price, I would take 11 if it is available, especially if you are a couple sharing the room. I used my room on the Cat strictly for sleeping, showering, and storing clothes. The boat is so nice and spacious, you do not need anything besides a bed.

You will have a great time, the crew, scenery, food, activities and atmosphere are incredible. The diving is nice, we lucked out and got lots of sharks, turtles and stingrays, but the reefs are a little underwhelming. Hopefully, you get to dive more in the marine park than we did (we had a very windy week and hide to hide behind Eleuthera). I would definitely go again- the ease of access, quality of crew & boat, and overall good diving made it an awesome trip.

Thanks Redfoot. On your advice and the fact the trip is in April (doubt we will spend any time in the room) we have requested cabin 11.

I have stayed in Cabin 11 2 X. Once with my DB and once on my own. The crew will take your gear bags and luggage after you check in so you really don't have to worry about anything other than clothes & toiletries. Bottom line: It's a bit snug but If you pack strategically you will be just fine.

I've been on the Aqua Cat a few times and I really like this boat. Although I've not been in Cabin 11, I have peeked in there when it was empty on a recent trip. IMO, it is the least desirable room on the boat. It's really small with not much storage. The crew will take your luggage once you've unpacked and store it below deck for the duration of the cruise.

There's also a chance that if another room opens up that they'll move you to it anyway. On the two trips we've done there, someone booked into room 11 has gotten lucky and got upgraded... Even two "singles" got their own normal (separate) cabins when there was space available.

I've stayed in a similar room on a similar boat (Spoilsport) - possibly smaller even (no skylight, no ensuite bathroom) and honestly it wasn't too bad, as long as you follow the liveaboard rule of take half the clothes that you really think you need. Bring some clothespins/clamps so you can use outside railings for things like drying towels/suits so that stuff hanging around doesn't make the room feel smaller.

But otherwise, there's plenty of other places to hang out when you're not diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom