Aqua Lung titan lx supreme or ScubaPro MK 17 C300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilchristz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Im looking for a new reg and cant decide between the 2 can anyone give a recommendation on why one is better than another. I dive in whatever conditions but mainly in Ohio with a few trips out to the Caribbean

I'd say you're in coin flip territory, with those two choices. See which can be serviced locally, if its both, I'd probably buy on best price.

+1

You can't go wrong with either of these regulators.

The Aqualung 1st stage is better than the MK17 for the moment.

Why I think so I explained in the thread ' Aqualung Legend vs. MK25 - A700' from the 19.3.2013, so I will not repeat it.

I haven't had a C300 yet, I just hope that SP improved the design of the new lever mechanism in comparison with the X650, which had been taken off the market for good reasons.

If I would have to make a choice between those two regulators, for now I would go for the Aqualung.

+1
The LX is a balanced 2nd stage, more or less the same as the Apeks, and similar to the Scubapro BA/G250/etc.... In other words, among the top performing 2nd's.
The C series are just classic downstream 2nd's, and I have a feeling they're being phased out: only 1 combination with the C300 is left on the SP US site.

not sure if i am in the minority but i really like the C300...i was diving it on a MK11 and it worked just fine for me. got it paired up to a mk25 right now but haven't been able to get it in the water.

The Aqualung 1st stage is better than the MK17 for the moment.

Why I think so I explained in the thread ' Aqualung Legend vs. MK25 - A700' from the 19.3.2013, so I will not repeat it.

Just because you think it's a better stage does not make it so. Prove me wrong and have poll. :D Aqualung vs MK17

@ajduplessis

I don't think that you read my posts in the mentioned thread, otherwise you probably would not argue like that.

If you think that the outcome of a poll would prove the better 1st stage, then I think you are a bit naive.

I think it would be more interesting to prove me wrong.

That is not very difficult.

If enough owners of MK11 or MK17 would just measure their IP at full and at low tank and publish their results here in this thread, that could prove me wrong.

And if some Aqualung owners would do the same, we could get a better picture which 1st stage does a better job concerning the IP stability, because only this is the issue.

I have been writing about the performance of the MK17 and MK11 in two threads without any response, which was surprising.

I had expected that lots of SP Diaphragm 1st stage fans would try to prove me wrong, but maybe hardly anybody has an IP meter.

I answered to a comment of beaverdivers and was not surprised that he did not answer, I did not expect this. Fair enough, why should he keep an issue alive, which might cost him business if some potential customers would follow my argumentation.

But I expected some others to come up and prove me wrong.

It seems it is not easy to find a positive stand if SP themselves expect an IP difference from full to empty tank of 2 -12 PSI.

As soon as I get a full tank I'll measure my MK11, I'm curious. Although I think it's worth mentioning that an IP swing of as much a 5-7 PSI (maybe even a bit more) over the range of supply pressure does not present any sort of problem to me. There are other factors in determining first stage quality.

That said, the aqualung titan 1st stage is likely the longest-running 1st stage design in history, going back to the USD royal aquamaster, so there's something to be said for that type of extreme proven reliability.

+1

You can't go wrong with either of these regulators.

+1. Enough bench racing on this thread. Buy the best price&service, and drive on. FWIT, I dive the Supreme (as does my wife), and done so only down to 43degs so far. Worked fine for me and I can get it serviced at my LDSs no problem. Whats not to like? That said I have no experience with the Scubapro. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom