Aqua Lung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked

Extreme Non-poster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Who here uses the Aqua Lung Legend? Any pros or cons? I need a new reg, and this is the on my LDS suggested.

Tanked2.0:
Who here uses the Aqua Lung Legend? Any pros or cons? I need a new reg, and this is the on my LDS suggested.

Pros:

Overbalanced Design
Easy to breathe at any depth
perfect hose configuration for singles or doubles
takes a beating
beautiful design
Lifetime Warranty
Parts for Life

Cons:
It makes all the other regs you have had seem like a bad purchase.

Seriously. This is probably the best performing regulator on the market today. I started using them about 18 mos ago. I own 8 of them now. My wife uses them, my manager uses them, our staff uses them, 80% of our retail customers from our store use them.

Go get one.

Cheers

JS1scuba:
Pros:

Overbalanced Design
takes a beating
beautiful design
Lifetime Warranty
Parts for Life

Cons:

Seriously. This is probably the best performing regulator on the market today. I started using them about 18 mos ago. I own 8 of them now. My wife uses them, my manager uses them, our staff uses them, 80% of our retail customers from our store use them.

Go get one.

Cheers

Hmmm !!!! Must be a Sale on them!!!!!!

Aqualung Legend is a good choice. I had a chance to try it and the Atomic M1 about a month ago in a pool. The dive shop owner I know sells both brands and says he prefers the Atomic design. ..... Question ???? What brand regulator are you replacing ? If it's an old Dacor then you might want to try the Mares/Dacor trade in program. I traded in two Dacor 360's for a couple of Mares Abyss regulators. The Abyss out scored the Legend in tests done by Scuba Diving Magazine back in June. I used Surface Interval Scuba for the exchange and it went very well.

JS1scuba:
Pros:

Overbalanced Design
takes a beating
beautiful design
Lifetime Warranty
Parts for Life

Cons:

Go get one.

Cheers

I don't sell them or represent Aqualung.

But, while I wouldn't completely agree with the Con (I have a couple of tech buddies who dive the Dive Rite regs and I use Dive Rite's on my stage bottles.), I agree with all of the pros. I dive the Legend LX and absolutely love it for the reasons mentioned. The only other con that I have heard is that the Legend LX is far more difficult to field service than the Apeks regs after which it is designed.

But, I have dove the Legend LX for roughly two years now and wouldn't trade it for anything as far as a primary/secondary backgas reg.

scubapro50:
Aqualung Legend is a good choice. I had a chance to try it and the Atomic M1 about a month ago in a pool. The dive shop owner I know sells both brands and says he prefers the Atomic design. ..... Question ???? What brand regulator are you replacing ? If it's an old Dacor then you might want to try the Mares/Dacor trade in program. I traded in two Dacor 360's for a couple of Mares Abyss regulators. The Abyss out scored the Legend in tests done by Scuba Diving Magazine back in June. I used Surface Interval Scuba for the exchange and it went very well.
The Scuba Diving Magazine testing isn't that relevent. I went to a seminar last spring for Sherwood regs at the Boston Sea Rovers conference and the rep explained it. The reason some regs test better is some manufacturers make their exhaust ports short so it takes less effort to exhaust the air you just breathed, allowing them to "test" better. However, this short exhaust port also allows the air to travel up in front and around your mask. Some reg manufacturers prefer to let their regs get tested as divers would prefer to use them, with longer ports that exhaust at the side of your head, where it's preferable. Sherwood now sells their regs with the short exhaust ports(for testing purposes), but puts the longer one in the box, so you can dive theirs either way. Also, taking into consideration that the reg is adjustable, you can adjust it to breathe as easy or hard as you want. Therefore, once you adjust it to where you like it, the difference between those that test better or worse in the Scuba magazine tests is negligible.
I've used the Legend a couple of times, as I want to get another reg. I enjoyed the Legend and agree with others that have posted and say its a great reg. I know a couple of the DMs in my LDS use them and like them. Personally, I haven't made up my mind between the Legend and the Sherwood Maximus, I like them both and heard a lot of good things about both.
As far as the Mares Abyss, I can't say as I've never tried it, nor do I plan on it ( I'm a disgruntled Dacor owner that is boycotting Mares and Dacor for their business practices). Many LDS will have different reg setups in their rental dept, so see if you can try them before you buy. That's one service you can't get with online sellers.
Just my 2psi
Chris

i have the legend for a octo and wow. its just as good as my apex atx50.
on one dive to 50ft i changed from my primarry to my octo to see how it did at that deth and in the cold. and i couldnt tell the diffrence from the two.
its very nice regs im wanting to get a set for the wife and that what im going to get for her. also what nice is that its a cold water reg.

My first reg was a Aqualung Titan,then I moved to Glacia for cold water they are sweet to suck air thru,and well at a fair price,I still use a Glacia on my pony and never had a free flow and its a good unit!

scubapro50:
Question ???? What brand regulator are you replacing ? QUOTE]

I'm replacing an older Oceanic Omega. Its a nice reg, but last week on a dive it had a steady tream of bubbles coming out. The guy at my lds said it was a single grain of sand. Its obout 5 years old, and I think its ready for retirement.

I've got over 150 dives over the last few months on the Legend and have been very impressed. Adjustable and easy breathing, I just purchased another.

Back
Top Bottom