Aqua-Lung Caravelle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone dive Aqua-Lung Caravelle ADJ fins? What do you think of them? Do they scuff or scratch easily? I am currently diving ScubaPro Jetfins and Tusa Liberatos X-10s. The Jets are indestructible but are too much fin for some dives. The Liberators are light, comfortable and have good thrust, but start looking worn right from the first dive. I would just like to have a fin that has the comfort and performance of the Tusas but durability more like the Jets. I like the look of the Caravelles but have no experience with them.

My fins tend to be scuffed up, but that does not impact their performance. Fins are pretty in the LDS and then you dive them. If your worried about what they look like your into the wrong hobby! Divers are not real pretty geared up......

But I like shiny!:D

They aren't too bad, but they will show wear pretty fast. I like the Aqualung "Blades" (not 2 version) better. They don't show wear as badly and work better. I usually use Jets or Hollis F1's (depending on boots) but have recently had to try some other fins due to an ankle injury. They do have a nice foot pocket though, and fastek style strap buckles.

If you make it S.Fla sometime you can try mine.

The boys and I are hoping to visit Ginnie Springs after Christmas. I don't think we'll be getting much farther south than that. Thanks for the info and the offer.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the Blade and Blade 2?

I don't think looking worn equates to a lack of durability, it just means you use them which is a good thing.

My old USD Blades look like crap, but they're perfectly functional and I expect they will remain so for a long time.

I have the Caravelles and I dive and snorkel with them. They are great! Yes, they do scratch very easily, but the build quality is great, as is the propulsion.

I bought a set of new Caravelles last week. I tried them in rec center's indoor pool and I have to say that they exceeded my expectations. They are light, comfortable and have plenty of thrust. My Jets just might have some competition as my favorite fins!

Back
Top Bottom