Aqua lock first impressions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been looking for a new wetsuit for the last few months. My Henderson Hyperstretch was on it's let threads. And not being produced anymore they had become hard to find so I thought I would try something new. I originally ordered an aqua lock suit but like others found it was on backorder. Going to Bonaire recently, I decided to try a Waterproof W2 before leaving. It really is a great suit but not close to fitting well enough for me to bite. So off to Bonaire with my Hyperstretch. And I remembered why I had wore these suits for many years. Soft, stretchy, easy to get off and on, warm. What else could you want?

Of course the Aqualock was waiting for me when I got back. Aren't LDS's great.
Tried it on in the shop today. 5ml, large.
Wow I thought ! This is nice ! Spongy soft, super stretchy, fits like a glove. Perfect!
So easy to get on and off. Zippers at the ankles and wrist.
The inside liner is a slick fabric. Neoprene gaskets at the ankles and wrist.
I can't see this suit wearing well or keeping it's thermal protection. It's just too soft and stretchy.
And probably not as warm as the other 5mls I've owned. So we'll see !
I'll add more once I get it wet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Got it wet in the pool today. I'm very impressed!!
Easy to get on when wet. Fits like a glove with no dead spaces. The slick fabric liner really does cut down on water movement. The back zipper does what it says. No inflow of cold water when getting in. The neoprene wrist and ankle seals did not let any water through. The neck is super comfy. A lot warmer than I thought. It's a keeper !!! The only question I have now is durability. Keeping my fingers crossed.

the seals are meant to mate with aqualock gloves and boots and then cover with zipper part of suit.Been using my 3mm version last month in Cozumel and in the pool during classes since.Seems to be holding up ok..Fits very well.If it holds up it will be very worth the extra $ it costs.

Any updates on the Henderson Aqualock? I am about to purchase a Semi-Dry suit, (I live in South Florida, a dry suit does me little good here) and I am trying to sort through the options. I stumbled across a magazine ad for Henderson yesterday, so I decided to look into their Aqualock system. Your review really caught my eye of course, but the last time we heard from you was July. Do you still like the Aqualock? How is it holding up? Any special care or maintenance that you have to do? Pros and cons? with prices ranging from about $200.00 to almost $1000.00 for a semi-dry suit, the decision on which semi-dry has become semi-cloudy. Cost is not the issue as much as performance as I hate being cold at all and chill very easily. the Henderson caught my eye as it seems to market itself as a cut above the rest.

still using it..suit has made trips to cozumel,key west and many classes in the lds pool.still like new. will get one for the wife this month for her b day.

Lot of time I'n the water but the 5ml is on a hangar. Incredibly warm! Been wearing the 3ml. Perfect !
Still have questions on durability though. Time will tell....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom