APS Mantaray vs Force Fin Pro - Ultimate travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhincodon

Contributor
Reaction score
I know this topic has been talked to death, but I thought I would try a little experiment last weekend at the Blue Heron Bridge, comparing my two favorite travel fins. I'm a big fan of easy kickers and find these fins have adequate power for most recreational diving. The bonus is these fins fit in carry on size luggage. I really like the open-toed design of the force fin pros and almost sold the mantarays. But I couldnt help notice that I seemed to go through my air quicker when I used the Force Fins. I wasnt sure if maybe it was due to new location, different gear, or just plain getting out of shape. So I thought I would find out once and for all if I wasnt imagining things. So took both fins on last trip and eliminated any variables, ie. same diver, same gear, same location, only variable were the fins. I was surprised to find I was able to dive 20 minutes longer on the same amount of air with the mantarays! Pretty significant difference, I wonder if its due the increased frequency of kicking with the Force Fins? Too bad, the Force Fins are really nice but I would rather be able to dive longer :D Looks like the Mantarays are going to be my go to fins until I discover something better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom