April plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divv

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks. Further to my thread on Ambon vs Leyte, I would like to know, if I came to PI in April, apart from the whalesharks in Sogod, (and preferably not too far away from there) what would be my best diving options. I do quite enjoy wrecks so I am wondering about Coron possibly? But I'm not sure if that is practical from a distance POV.
Ultimately I'm thinking of a week in S Leyte doing the whalesharks and other diving and then moving on.. or would I be better off just staying in Sogo for 2 weeks?
Thanks
divv

better check with the resort. i think april is not whaleshark season in sogod. you can snorkel with them in donsol though.

According to both resorts I've spoken to it is WS season... but I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Hi Divv

Whalesharkseason is from November to April. The best months are January to the end of may but they should be still around in April. The best chance to see them is on a Safarie because you are right on the Spot when you wake up. Something like this: Malipayon Divers Philippines

Good luck and enjoy your stay.....Philipp

I love it when divers plan ahead like this!! Wow....makes me feel all...well....warm inside.

babydamalug - so glad we could contribute to your warm inner feelings :) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom